View Full Version : Red Wing Blackbirds are Back

cow tamer
02-28-2009, 08:24 AM
Snows in the forecast, but spring is on the way.
Skunk cabbage soon !!

Clammer
02-28-2009, 08:46 AM
yep saw a couple two days ago >>>>>>>>>> topless is next ><><><<><;)

Crafty Angler
02-28-2009, 09:47 AM
Blackbirds are one thing but a couple of days ago my wife was driving me over the Jamestown Bridge and I saw gulls working that rip that makes up on the west side of the span between the beach and the light -

Sure got my attention, tomorrow's March 1...:soon:

Clammer
02-28-2009, 12:48 PM
Every year this time of year the bay is loaded with bait >>>>>>>>>>>>> I think it is herring ,, I,ve seen it for years when I was digging. sometimes it [on the screen] like a million pounds of pogies .
I also have a place of the east side of Jamestown that I did real descent / until the shollow water divers found me & cleaned it out > anyway .. around Novemberish / when I dug & stirred up the bottom . I would form a mud /chum line .& there would be smealt in it ;; I finally found how to catch them / but WTF / no money in that ><><><:wid:

Crafty Angler
02-28-2009, 03:29 PM
I had the feeling it was a bigger bait, too like herring, Mike the way the birds were acting - but no way to be sure driving by at 65

Raven
02-28-2009, 04:02 PM
if we are in fact early this season
as Larry (bigfish) and I both think....
the groundhog is wrong:smash:
but chipmunks should be out too

real :soon:

saajr
03-01-2009, 06:03 AM
Out here in the western end we have had robins for a few days now bluebirds are back turkeys are very active on some days maybe this snow coming could be the last breath of winter!!!!!I hope.

Tagger
03-01-2009, 06:08 AM
I had a gang of Robins in the yard .. I counted 10 on the ground . :kewl:

Mr. Sandman
03-01-2009, 06:23 AM
They have been here for a couple weeks already. It is very quiet where I live and I woke up to the classic melodious red wing black bird chant a week or so ago...I said to my wife "DID YOU HEAR THAT?" WHAT?! WHAT?! she said nervously (like I heard the sounds of some household crisis happening)... "That was a red-winged black bird...they are back!" She then replied, I am amazed you could hear anything over your snoring.

Chris in Mass
03-01-2009, 09:12 AM
Had a Jay a couple of weeks ago. Gold Finch's are becoming regular (sparse over the winter). Had a house finch this morning. Haven't seen one since last summer. Have not been able to draw a Red Wing Black Bird, though.

saajr
03-01-2009, 11:40 AM
These were taken around Feb 10th you can see the big boys doing there little dance and had 2 of them doing a little fight to check out who's who.