View Full Version : HP Proliant DL140 G3

bloocrab
03-02-2009, 11:32 PM
We have an HP Proliant DL140 G3 that when trying to load Win2K3, during the Win2K3 OS load, it says that it does not detect any hard drives. I have a Raid 1 setup, I've F6'd the additional Drive drivers, I've tried nlite'ing it.
I spoke with HP support, they're clueless..........
It does see the drives in bios, it does see the drives in the Raid Util, it does NOT see the drives when loading the OS.

I know it's a cheap server, but has anyone come across this issue with one of these before? It's no longer under warranty with HP, it is brand new,,meaning it has never been used ...but has sat around for a long time.

Anyone have this happen to them with one of these ??? :bsod:

The Dad Fisherman
03-03-2009, 12:13 PM
any firmware upgrades avaiable for it? might need to upgrade the firmware so it works w/ win2k3

Striperknight
03-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Is this box brand new or was there an existing OS that used the raid on it?

striperman36
03-05-2009, 04:23 PM
I'm with TDF.
that's an old server and may need a bios upgrade to be compatible with w2k3.

bloocrab
03-05-2009, 05:10 PM
any firmware upgrades avaiable for it? might need to upgrade the firmware so it works w/ win2k3

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3285485&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1842838&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005#290

Yes, tried the FW upgrade - - -- :wall:

Is this box brand new or was there an existing OS that used the raid on it?

It was a clean box, bought as a spare...was hoping to run acronis on the existing server as it's the same model .... but :smash:

JohnR
03-05-2009, 05:18 PM
No significant files system difference between 2K and 2K3 and the G3 is wiiiiide spread so it should work - and not THAT old, right...

Bloo - boot onto a Live Linux CD of some sort to see if recognizeable there. Also, look for the UBCD iso for CLonezilla/GParted (google: ubcd gparted) and make sure you see the partions in another OS. Gparted is a GREAT partition utility so you may want to try creating the partition you want there and then booting off the OS disk

bloocrab
03-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Apparently the drivers supplied by HP were bogus. :af::af::af::af::af:

As a last resort, I downloaded the drivers from the Raid manufacturer themselves as HP had no freeeeeekin clue.......RRRRROOOOAAAAARRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the suggestions though....gentlemen.

I.T. ....gotta love it, things that should work don't, things that shouldn't do......:deadhorse:

Carry On.

Raven
03-13-2009, 01:51 PM
kicked BUTT :tm: