View Full Version : Predictions??

Thumper
03-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Whats everyone predictions for the upcoming season?
I am guessing the spring run might be hot since it been a long cold winter...what do I know tho lol.. :hihi: hopefully thoes seals wont stick around to long!!

Raven
03-04-2009, 11:12 AM
that seals are very susceptible to distemper
same as dogs....
:btu:

i hope that give's someone an Idea

~
spring will be three weeks after march 17th

Around April 7 ish.....

BigFish
03-04-2009, 11:55 AM
I predict my first "40" awaits me this season!:uhuh:

ProfessorM
03-04-2009, 11:59 AM
if you stand in that area that I saw you a lot last year it may come true. good luck. My prediction is not to make any predictions so I don't look foolish as I usually do when I make predictions.

BigFish
03-04-2009, 12:01 PM
I have pictures of you from last season Paul not looking "foolish"!!:bgi:

Thumper
03-04-2009, 12:20 PM
I predict my first "40" awaits me this season!:uhuh:

I'm with you on that one bigfish

BigFish
03-04-2009, 12:21 PM
Sorry....meant to say "40+"!:jump1:

Thumper
03-04-2009, 12:33 PM
I would even be happy with a high 30. The way things are looking right now I will be fishing till I run out of money for gas even if there arent any fish.

moosh
03-04-2009, 03:46 PM
My goal is a 50+ but I keep coming up real short every year , some day it will happen Im sure of that .

WESTPORTMAFIA
03-04-2009, 04:05 PM
My prediction is that it will be a hell of alot better than it is today.

FishermanTim
03-04-2009, 04:44 PM
It'll be a "wait and see" season, partly because we don't know for sure that the bait and fish will be back in similar numbers, and partly because with the canal having been "worked on" during the winter, finding your "sweet spot" maybe next to impossible.
Of course this is based on prior reports that the canal was being dredged over the winter.
In any case, I'm up for the challenge, bum knees and all!

Clogston29
03-05-2009, 07:19 AM
some will do well, some not so well. some areas will be hot, some will suck. some will stand in the same spot all year, catch %$%$%$%$, and tell everyone how bad the fishing is and how the fishery is going to hell. the season as a whole will be judged by what areas are hot and how many people are there to take advantage (ex. if RI surf action sucks, the impression one would get reading this site is that there are not fish, similar for NJ over on the other site). some will say that there are no fish left and that something needs to be done, some will disagree.

NIB
03-05-2009, 07:27 AM
As the anticipation mounts I predict I will not wash my gear this winter..

BigFish
03-05-2009, 07:36 AM
Its your gear NIB.....you can wash it as fast or as slow if you want......or not at all!:rotf3:

numbskull
03-05-2009, 08:24 AM
A plague will infest eels in the St Lawrence river. Shipments to the US will stop. Eels will sell for $12 each, when you can find them, but then rise to over $20 an eel when unscrupulous Italian investors corner the market. At first there will be huge die offs of eel fishermen all along the Northeast. At the canal, their carcasses will create such a rat problem the Army Core of Engineers will propose collecting them for sale as lobster bait........but the public eventually objects because of water pollution concerns so they are shipped to North Carolina...purportedly to be made into pig feed....but actually diverted to sausage factories and sold to more unscrupulous Italian marketeers.

Of course some of the more hardy variety of eel fishermen, such as the species that interbreed in Franklin, will try to survive by switching to rubber. Most will get it wrong, have trouble casting Trojans, and also perish......left to compost pungently along the access road, noticed only by the dogs that roll in them. A few others, less fortunate, will discover lead jigs and devolve into sullen, grunting, humpbacked creatures, doomed to silently heave and haul their heavy dull offerings through the deep, cold, black waters.

But all will not be sad, for a chosen few, the brightest and best of their kind (sorry Back Beach), facing Nature's unyielding impetus to evolve or perish, will be saved. Not that it will be easy. It will take years of work and frustration, necessitate hard sacrifice and hours of time on the buy/sell forums, but eventually....like a Phoenix from the ashes....these fortunate few crude eel fishermen will shed their primitive form and..... thru the miracle of metamorphosis, the wonder of evolution, and the grace of God's hand......be reborn as the epitome of the fishing world, the highest and noblest of all that hunt the striped bass.....a PLUG FISHERMAN......except for a few guys who suffer chromosomal damage in the process and buy fly rods instead.
Alleluia and Amen.

MAC
03-05-2009, 08:40 AM
A plague will infest eels in the St Lawrence river. Shipments to the US will stop. Eels will sell for $12 each, when you can find them, but then rise to over $20 an eel when unscrupulous Italian investors corner the market. At first there will be huge die offs of eel fishermen all along the Northeast. At the canal, their carcasses will create such a rat problem the Army Core of Engineers will propose collecting them for sale as lobster bait........but the public eventually objects because of water pollution concerns so they are shipped to North Carolina...purportedly to be made into pig feed....but actually diverted to sausage factories and sold to more unscrupulous Italian marketeers.

Of course some of the more hardy variety of eel fishermen, such as the species that interbreed in Franklin, will try to survive by switching to rubber. Most will get it wrong, have trouble casting Trojans, and also perish......left to compost pungently along the access road, noticed only by the dogs that roll in them. A few others, less fortunate, will discover lead jigs and devolve into sullen, grunting, humpbacked creatures, doomed to silently heave and haul their heavy dull offerings through the deep, cold, black waters.

But all will not be sad, for a chosen few, the brightest and best of their kind (sorry Back Beach), facing Nature's unyielding impetus to evolve or perish, will be saved. Not that it will be easy. It will take years of work and frustration, necessitate hard sacrifice and hours of time on the buy/sell forums, but eventually....like a Phoenix from the ashes....these fortunate few crude eel fishermen will shed their primitive form and..... thru the miracle of metamorphosis, the wonder of evolution, and the grace of God's hand......be reborn as the epitome of the fishing world, the highest and noblest of all that hunt the striped bass.....a PLUG FISHERMAN......except for a few guys who suffer chromosomal damage in the process and buy fly rods instead.
Alleluia and Amen.

:rotflmao:

chromosonal damage, ROTRO Catching a bass on a fly rod this year is one of my goals:1poke:

Back Beach
03-05-2009, 08:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1TxiVhrkZA

JFigliuolo
03-05-2009, 09:07 AM
My Predictions:

1. I will not get out as much as I would like.
2. I will be envious of those that do.
3. I will covet the locations where many of you live (close to H2O).
4. I will enjoy every bit of time I am given to fish.

RIJIMMY
03-05-2009, 09:10 AM
I predict I'll put the boat in the water, get laid off and have no money for gas so it will sit there all season.

Mr. Sandman
03-05-2009, 09:20 AM
My prediction: little change with a slightly worse outlook.

This season, I plan to fish less (which is still more than most), but keep more fish for food, and play golf more. Time for some changes.

Thumper
03-05-2009, 09:27 AM
I predict I'll put the boat in the water, get laid off and have no money for gas so it will sit there all season.

I dont have a boat and im getting laid off lol. So i to with have no money for gas. I am thinking maybe i will just live on the rocks/beach all year. maybe i will start a show called will work for fishing gear, kinda like the will work for food show. Or will mow your lawn for plugs lol.

ProfessorM
03-05-2009, 09:31 AM

I got a boat or 2 and have most every week day available for fishin. If you are in such dire straits give me a call I will give you a ride and maybe even catch a fish or two.

G. :laughs:

Flaptail
03-05-2009, 09:33 AM

Alleluia and Amen.

Ah George, you have a way with words........

William Henry Herbert aka Frank Forester in the early 1800's understood the differnce between artificial baits and the use of base creatures such as the eel when he described them as "dispicable marine serpents".

That being said, bass will show somewhere between the 15th and 21st of April (fresh run fish) and depart somewhere just after Thanksgiving. As for what happens in between is anyone's guess.

JohnR
03-05-2009, 10:03 AM
some will do well, some not so well. some areas will be hot, some will suck. some will stand in the same spot all year, catch %$%$%$%$, and tell everyone how bad the fishing is and how the fishery is going to hell. the season as a whole will be judged by what areas are hot and how many people are there to take advantage (ex. if RI surf action sucks, the impression one would get reading this site is that there are not fish, similar for NJ over on the other site). some will say that there are no fish left and that something needs to be done, some will disagree.

Nostraclogston :kewl:

And fall surf fishing in the Great South Channel is due to skyrocket in action...

The Dad Fisherman
03-05-2009, 11:58 AM
Its almost like you've been to the PISC meetings lately...

I always say why don't you ask the canal guys how their season was last year.

North Shore sucked......from Shore........last year....boat guys did OK

Rockport24
03-05-2009, 12:31 PM
so damn true Clogston! you hit it right on the head

oh I think you forgot "some will slay them while wetsuiting, some won't and claim that wetsuting sucks"

doc
03-12-2009, 08:02 PM

Alleluia and Amen.

...talmudic!!!!

Raven
03-12-2009, 08:30 PM
your need to write a Novel

your descriptive style is quite

engrossing and so detailed :wave:

Nebe
03-12-2009, 09:20 PM
I predict a bass stock crash in about 5 years.