View Full Version : Good young local guitarist..and old geezer!

sokinwet
03-05-2009, 08:06 AM
Here's my friend Scotty Lerner channeling a little Freddie King....and some old Dude...whose D string is down a step thanks to a clumsy bass player! :as:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj6ouDykQRE

ProfessorM
03-05-2009, 09:43 AM
and the old guy can sing too. Thanks for sharing

sokinwet
03-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Thanks Paul...some people lose all sense of dignity and shame after a few :cheers2:

clayville
05-16-2009, 07:01 PM
{bumpity bump}

Ain't Nobody's Bidness if they do, John.
:wavey:

sokinwet
05-17-2009, 09:00 AM
WTF!! They'll let anyone in here...don't tell me there's a secret S.B. link on the Les Paul forum!!!! Someone check this guys ID!! OK...now that you poked your head in here you're obligated to grab the kids and come aboard the "Sokinwet" so I can teach them the manly art of striper catching! No excuses...tell the wife it's a guy bonding thing!

BigFish
05-17-2009, 09:45 AM
Looks like Damien's???:cheers2:

Raider Ronnie
05-17-2009, 09:46 AM
Very good stuff !!!
I like how the "old geezer" wears the guitar up high like one of my favorite players, Larry Carlton !
That old geezer can play and sing !!! :kewl:

ProfessorM
05-17-2009, 11:56 AM
Hey my friend I got a good one for you and your buds to do. First see if you can persuade local gal Susan Tedschi to accompany you and then you can do "One mans ceiling is another mans floor" from the Truth album by Robben Ford. A Paul Simon tune. Or maybe you can sing up high.:laugha:
You need a copy:huh:

clayville
05-17-2009, 11:56 AM
WTF!! They'll let anyone in here...don't tell me there's a secret S.B. link on the Les Paul forum!!!! Someone check this guys ID!! OK...now that you poked your head in here you're obligated to grab the kids and come aboard the "Sokinwet" so I can teach them the manly art of striper catching! No excuses...tell the wife it's a guy bonding thing!

:wave:
I'm definitiely going to take you up on that soon John. The 5 year old would drive us all batty in nanoseconds, but the 8 yr old *might* not.
Had the older lad out on Nut Island Saturday afternoon/evening and he only lasted an hour... but he can cast a small spinning reel at least. He'll be in better shape (I hope) after 4 days on the Cape over Memorial Day.

But back on topic: John's got a helluva voice and the most tasteful touch with a slow blues I've heard in ages. And he puts together an impeccable set-list too. He'll even let ME sit in every once in a while.
:angel:

sokinwet
05-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Anytime Clay. I'll let you know when it gets hot...he'll keep interested if he's swinging em over the gunnel!! You got my email addy.
Ronnie- My wife tells me I wear my pants too high too! Old school.
Paul - That is a cool version the RF & ST do on the Simon tune; I have it on MP3 thanks! We're doing a few RF tunes and currenly learning "Prison of Love" that you posted on the RF thread...he's the man. Although he' not widely known by the general public, there are a a million blues/jazz/fusion players who would "go down to the crossroads" to make a deal if they could get that smooth Dumble OD tone that RF squeezes out of every note!
BFish - That's the Next Page Blues Cafe in Weymouth...just a piece down the street from you. Thurs. is a hot blues jam night.

Raven
05-17-2009, 05:27 PM
that's why scotsman wore kilts