View Full Version : sled

StriperNutBag
03-07-2009, 11:03 AM
anyone ever use one of those plastic sleds to pull all their %$%$%$%$ on the beach when you have to walk far? i usually like to carry light, but seems like each year i carry more. for example.....what about all the beer?

JohnR
03-07-2009, 11:13 AM
Beer & Fishing?

Sounds to me like someone don't take fishing seriously enough (or take their beer seriously enough :cheers2: ).

If you need a sled for striper fishing from shore, you have too much stuff.

StriperNutBag
03-07-2009, 11:23 AM
you can always find time for beer when fishing...hard though when you are into alot of fish.

Rmarsh
03-07-2009, 01:26 PM
When I need to carry my "stuff" a long way, I like to use a backpack on a frame. Your hips carry some of the weight instead of just your shoulders.
This allows me to carry quite a bit of cargo on my longer hikes to fish remote areas.

I can bungee my 2 pc, rod onto it so that my hands are free to do other things.
I can also hang a keeper or two on the top rail on my way out.

And oh yea, I usually have a few cold beers in there.

Some may think its too much, thats fine.

Sweetwater
03-07-2009, 01:58 PM
http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=55589
:sled:

Rappin Mikey
03-07-2009, 02:55 PM
I use a poster nutbag to carry my fluff.

StriperNutBag
03-07-2009, 04:59 PM
take it easy huh

luds
03-07-2009, 05:43 PM
I use a poster nutbag to carry my fluff.

:nopics:

MarshCappa
03-07-2009, 06:59 PM
http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=55589
:sled:

:rotflmao::rotflmao: I was thinking the same thing.

Slipknot
03-07-2009, 07:10 PM
I think you need a Sherpa instead of a sled

surfcrazy1
03-07-2009, 07:23 PM
me thinks u senior guys need ur own GOOGANS
:gorez:

MAC
03-07-2009, 07:25 PM
I used one back in the 80s. Had my white bucket (with notches on rim :) , sand spike and cooler on it) :hidin:

Slipknot
03-07-2009, 07:27 PM
ya but back then Mac, you could use live herring

MAC
03-07-2009, 07:34 PM
ya but back then Mac, you could use live herring

Nobody checked anything either. Show up at run on 44 and load up. No one cared.

Now we are paying the price as the herring are close to gone.:( Not many had any foresight that we could be where we are now.

RickBomba
03-07-2009, 07:36 PM
I pull a Mikey.
He's very heavy.
I miss the livey's, too. Back then, I used to drive the truck everywhere with the livewell on the back. No need to pull Mikey, then. He was funny back then. All about the Jams and the skimboard. Didn't like fishing much.
Fluffy nut bag sackman poster nutbag.

fishaholic18
03-08-2009, 05:59 PM
you can always find time for beer when fishing...hard though when you are into alot of fish.

Then all you need is a White Bucket to carry your sh!t in...

wheresmy50
03-09-2009, 04:45 PM
If you're serious, you want a surf cart, not a sled. I don't remember the maker, but they're the same ones you can find in Cabelas. It works well unless the sand is really soft or the load is really heavy.

When I want to walk on and keep fish, I put a cooler on a surf cart and head off down the beach. In NJ, that's a pretty good way to avoid the crowds. Drive on beaches can look a lot like mall parking lots at Christmas time. When I go with the wife, I can bring plenty of rods, hot chocolate, chairs, etc.

I think everyone reacted the way they did because you mentioned beer. Sometimes people think there's only one way to do things, and evidently that doesn't involve relaxing on the beach with a beer. I personally don't bring beers, but to each his own. I suppose you could get a fine if you get caught depending on where you are.

Tagger
03-09-2009, 05:53 PM
How about them heavy wagons you'd see at HD or lowes .. they even have beach tires.. Carry a quarter keg and ice .. Only problem with a keg no bottles to pee in ..

sokinwet
03-09-2009, 09:45 PM
I use a hollow "floating" sled when dragging my goose hunting gear into fields when I can't drive in...works very well dragging the gear in ...and the pile of birds out!

BasicPatrick
03-10-2009, 11:05 AM
I have recently started using a plastic snow sled to haul gear for beach sharkin' a long way down a cape cod beach.

I saw Roy do it while I had to make two trips carrying way too much stuff for a night of camp fire and multiple rod chunkin for Jaws Light....lol

I agree the beach carts are sweet and they are used in other places a lot more than here...thing is the plastic sled costs nothing if you watch for them thrown away and are like $20 new as opposed to $100 plus for a beach cart.

StriperNutBag
03-12-2009, 10:30 PM
ok thanks...i felt like i was the only "googan?" out there with the right or wrong answer, even though it takes just one cast at the right time.

JoeBass
03-13-2009, 11:07 AM
I travel pretty light. Mostly because i move around alot. I carry a mostly waterproof sling bag high on my back so I can wade and get out into the surf. Sometimes when I'm fly fishing for stripers I put a few flys and an extra leader in my cap and that's all i bring. If I'm going far, like you do, and want to bring a bite to eat and a drink I bring a day pack.