View Full Version : Whats up with the sudden rise in......

Flaptail
03-11-2009, 07:43 AM
Police presence? Man there more cops out than I have seen in years all of a sudden. Going thru Bourne, even on Main St. Buzzards Bay they have speed traps everywhere.

The Staties on 25/495 are out in force.

Revenue enhancement program?:huh:

Where have all these guys been hiding the last 10 years, Dunkin' Donuts?

Raven
03-11-2009, 07:59 AM
People are starting to freak out :devil2:

JohnnyD
03-11-2009, 10:21 AM
On 495 north of 24 up to the Mass Pike, I have seen numerous speed traps that have consisted of one trooper parked just past the top of a hill and then a group of 2-3 troopers flagging cars down for speeding. Another time, I saw a trooper parked up on a bridge with the laser and the the other troops about 1000 feet away.

Raven
03-11-2009, 10:22 AM
watch out for round robin

The Dad Fisherman
03-11-2009, 10:31 AM
This is what happens when "Help me Hank" keeps busting their chops about hanging out at Dunks........:hee:

Could be Natural Revenue Enhancement and also the fact that everybody is watching every dollar the government spends due to the economy......so it helps to put the perception out there that they're busy. More of a presence, more of the perception that your tax dollars are hard at work.

Raven
03-11-2009, 10:34 AM
plus its raining

people are thinking SPRING

and it's go- go- go

the wife saw a 5 car pile up yesterday

people tail gate at high speeds way to much!!!

Swimmer
03-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Police presence? Man there more cops out than I have seen in years all of a sudden. Going thru Bourne, even on Main St. Buzzards Bay they have speed traps everywhere.

Where have all these guys been hiding the last 10 years, Dunkin' Donuts?

YES!

BigFish
03-11-2009, 12:12 PM
Frank, didn't I see you at Dunkies yesterday?? Oh yeah...we were there together...nevermind! Obey the law Flap and they won't bother you.....if they pursue you I hear if you toss a few donuts out the window they will leave you alone!:laughs:

striperman36
03-11-2009, 12:34 PM
On 495 north of 24 up to the Mass Pike, I have seen numerous speed traps that have consisted of one trooper parked just past the top of a hill and then a group of 2-3 troopers flagging cars down for speeding. Another time, I saw a trooper parked up on a bridge with the laser and the the other troops about 1000 feet away.

Saw that today!!!!!

EarnedStripes44
03-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Revnue enhancement..... thats my guess

bassmaster
03-11-2009, 03:04 PM
flaptail sucks :gorez:is what i want to do to him when the freak of nature is sleepin
this was a drive by brought to you by :deadhorse:

Sea Dangles
03-11-2009, 03:06 PM
It lives........

mekcotuit
03-11-2009, 03:55 PM

I am hoping they're tracking my loser ex-brother-in-law and hauling his pathetic little @$$ off to the slammer....:hang:

Mike P
03-11-2009, 08:30 PM
I've seen someone pulled over at or around the Buzzards Bay rotary almost every day for the last two weeks. Of course it has to do with revenue. Bourne lost something like $170,000 in state aid and that's a lot of 'scarole in a town this size. In the 3 years since I moved back here, I haven't seen as many cars getting written up as I have the last 3 weeks.

Make sure you yield properly in the rotaries, and remember the speed limit on Main Street in Buzzed Bay is 30.

They will also camp out in the second turn out on Scenic Highway, just before the powerlines. Just as you crest the hill and start down towards the herring run, going east. They may also be in the herring run lot. 50 is the limit on Scenic Highway.

On Head of the Bay Rd, watch out where Puritan Rd comes out, around Old Head of the Bay Rd, and around Hideaway Village.

The Dad Fisherman
03-12-2009, 05:43 AM
They are camped out all over rt 95 along NH and MA border and maybe 10 miles in either direction......see them every day on my way home.

reelecstasy
03-12-2009, 07:47 AM
Seems like a good thing to me:claps:

If it means people are made more conscious of what they are doing and how fast they are going it translates into safer roads. Works for me.

Mike P
03-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Again this morning--Bourne cop had someone pulled over in the entrance to Bourne Scenic Park. Statie in an unmarked car had someone on the shoulder of 25 a little before the 195 split-off.

One more Statie on the shoulder on 195 in Fairhaven.

Don't rely on getting the "gentlemen's C" break from the staties, ie, 10 over is a freebie ;)

I will bet you that they're camped on Route 6 between exits 5 and 6, or in the Yarmouth rest area. :humpty:

Bourne may nab you for a few over 30 or 35, and 55 in a 50.

Better road safety is a laudable goal, but we all know what the ulterior motive behind this stepped-up enforcement is. As soon as the budget crunch is over, it'll be the Wild West out there all over again--where a guy will tailgate you and try to move you over if you're doing a measly 80 on 495 :doh:

Saltheart
03-12-2009, 11:58 AM
I don't mind enforcing the rules of the road but I hate it when they set up at places that are obvious speed traps. i remmeber a place in Ct where the whole road was 45 MPH but one spot dropped to 25 for about 100 yards. I would get nailed there once a year. I swear there was no reason for the speed to drop there except to create the speed trap. Now that pisses me off.

I drive like an old fart now. Ask anyone who has ever had me follow them to a fishing spot or vice Versa. At one time I was Paenelli Jones on the highways but fortunately I m,ellowed out after about 35 or 40 years old.

Swimmer
03-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Hey we have guys that they only thing they do is preen. They care about looking good and thats all. If they do stop a car it is a warning. They think they are entitled to the job without doing anything pro-active. Pro-active policing saves lives regardless what activity the guys are doing. Tickets mean less crashes, without question. Pro-active policing creates a better quality of life all the way around. Unfortunately it costs some people. Youngs guys around here look at you like you have two heads if something like that is said. Mike, how many times have you been on the Bourne and been cut-off. Many I'll bet. At least the guys and gals in Bourne aren't preening.

Mike P
03-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Hey we have guys that they only thing they do is preen. They care about looking good and thats all. If they do stop a car it is a warning. They think they are entitled to the job without doing anything pro-active. Pro-active policing saves lives regardless what activity the guys are doing. Tickets mean less crashes, without question. Pro-active policing creates a better quality of life all the way around. Unfortunately it costs some people. Youngs guys around here look at you like you have two heads if something like that is said. Mike, how many times have you been on the Bourne and been cut-off. Many I'll bet. At least the guys and gals in Bourne aren't preening.

Hey, I wouldn't mind if it becomes a permanent fixture because I drive safely and a prudent 5 over ;)

But we both know that this isn't going to last :(

And I wish the cops here would be as zealous about the laws prohibiting distribution of Class A and Class B drugs as they currently are about the ones concerning right of way in the rotary. We all know which low-rent motels around town are like a Baghdad bazaar when it comes to dealing.

Fishpart
03-13-2009, 06:54 AM
Hey, I wouldn't mind if it becomes a permanent fixture because I drive safely and a prudent 5 over ;)

And I wish the cops here would be as zealous about the laws prohibiting distribution of Class A and Class B drugs as they currently are about the ones concerning right of way in the rotary. We all know which low-rent motels around town are like a Baghdad bazaar when it comes to dealing.

It's all economics. Most people just pay up the traffic fine. You kick the door in on a drug bust and you could get shot and then spend time in court to bust a dopehead who doesn't have a penny to his name.

In my small town, any "crimes" listed on the blotter are somehow a result of a traffic stop on one othe three main roads through town.

Swimmer
03-13-2009, 12:08 PM

They would be if people would assist them in those endeavours. However, not many people will roll on a dealer, so they can develop good info to proceed with an arrest. Everyone calls anonymously, and sometimes walk into the station, but go any further, no way. And you know how far anonymous tips fly in court Mike, from one side to the other. In other words from the stand to the wastebasket. Nobody is willing to stick thier neck out. As a matter of fact people who see cops in the neighborhood and would never otherwise have any contact with the neighborhood dealer, will call the dealer and drop a dime. The cost of a stakeout are enormous. And then thier is the 65% of the population who don't think anything is really wrong with smoking marijuana, which mostly comes from Mexico where thier is a war going on about who gets to sell it. Buying dope only aid and abets racketeering and murder. 6000 drug realted murders last year. But nobody gets hurt smoking dope, nah. Thats just conservative propaganda. Two weeks ago ten people were killed on the Reynoso Bridge in a drug shootout. The bridge allows travel I believe bewteen a town in Texas into Mexico.

Nobody that buys dope dimes out a dealer, regardless of what the dealer sells. You can have someone who smokes just a little weed who buys from someone who also sells heroin, but thats o.k. to the weed smoker, because he doesn't use heroin. Even though the guy he buys his weed from is helping kill people everywhere who aren't strong enough to shake the addiction, the weed smoker rationalizes his need somehow. A family could have had everything stolen by a drug using child and they know who the drug using child buys from and they wont dime out the dealer. I have had family members stand in front of me after someone has died and the words are on the mouth, but they wont come out. We had one go yesterday morning, needle still in the arm, laying on the filthiest bathroom floor you have ever seen. Just dying in this girls apartment is deep enough in the abyss event for most people, but to also die there is indescribable. This kid came from %*#$%^*, R.I.. He met the woman at guess what, a strip club, where she worked. His sister was the only one strong enough to come up and get his belongings.

Judges dont or wont send the addicts away. They look at it like possessing any kind of drug is a social issue and not a criminal one. Leave it up to the families. Look at all the CWOF's Mike. Give me $100.00 and I'll CWOF anything right. Help me pay for my secretaries salary and I'll let you walk out the door Mr. drug addict. The only people being sent away are the ones whose families section them after they beg a judge to save the person's life. I am done pontificating. Heroin addiction is a problem that eradicates itself and proliferates all on its own, like an amoeba swimming though the ocean. It moves, it has power and energy, but it is difficult to tell how it actually gets from place to place.