View Full Version : Any help on Washington DC?

JohnnyD
03-11-2009, 11:19 AM
My better half and I are thinking about trying to rush together a trip to DC next Fri-Sunday.

Wondering if you folks have any suggestions of must-see places, affordable hotel, and things to avoid that aren't worth the time?

Any help is appreciated. If we go, I'll get some picks up when we get back.

Thanks!

spence
03-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Good thing about DC is the Metro, you can stay just about anywhere.

I'd hit the Smithsonian, it's a pretty cool place and it's FREE!

Go see Julia Child's copper pots and pans for me.

-spence

fishbones
03-11-2009, 11:31 AM
If you visit nowhere else, make it to Arlington National Cemetary. It gave me the chills to realize all of the people who gave their lives for our freedom. There are lots of historic places and most of the big name ones like the Lincoln memorial and Washington monument are pretty neat. If you like museums, go to the Smithsonian.

Word of warning, be careful at night. Stay in very popular neighborhoods where there are a lot of people out and about.

JohnnyD
03-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Thanks guys. I definitely want to get to the Smithsonian and National Museum of American History.

Thanks for the heads up fishbones. I've heard the place can be pretty sketchy at night.

I'm trying (with little hope) to talk the little woman into allowing me a 4 hour charter out in the Chesapeake Bay. I don't see that going over too well though.

The Dad Fisherman
03-11-2009, 01:58 PM
Did the trip a couple years back....here's a thread on things to see....enjoy.

http://striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=33823

JohnnyD
03-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Did the trip a couple years back....here's a thread on things to see....enjoy.

http://striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=33823

Very awesome TDF. I'll forward this off to the little lady to give her some ideas.

I have to go to Miami on business for a week so she's stuck doing most of the planning.

Thanks for the info!