View Full Version : Prov. boat show?

GBOUTDOORS
01-07-2003, 07:53 AM
Anyone going to the boat show this weekend? I will be there Fri. from noon on. It sure would be nice to have a S-B sweatshirt or t-shirt to wear so we could see who else is there. HINT HINT.:( :( :(

JohnR
01-07-2003, 08:23 AM
I'm going to head down Saturday with my son :D - he likes boats :kewl:

I SINCERELY want to get to the T-Shirts soon. Just have a lot of stuff happening and not much extra time. I also hope to talk to the other source for those Game Over shirts tomorrow...

01-07-2003, 09:34 AM
I'm hopefully going to get there Sat. morning to drool over some of the nice boats.

bloocrab
01-07-2003, 09:58 AM
quoting GB: - I will be there Fri. from noon on.-

:eek: Your not upgrading AGAIN!!! :D:D:D

...if you are, you better give Goose a call :happy:

DRUMCORPFAN
01-07-2003, 10:21 AM
i'll be there saturday with my wife and the boy.

MountainBreeze
01-07-2003, 10:53 AM
I'm going to try and make it up on Sunday. Have plans Sat.

Rob

BTW:
For identification... I downloaded the S-B logo and put it WORD. Then I typed my name & user name under it, printed it, and I'm going to laminate it and wear on my jacket.

Unless anyone thinks that is not a good idea... Comments???

Mr. Sandman
01-07-2003, 01:17 PM
I hope to be sniffing around the place for goodies on Sunday....

Goose
01-08-2003, 08:30 AM
My wife and I hope to be there friday......we'll be checkin out CC in 18'. Got ta keep the dream alive.

Bob Senior
01-08-2003, 08:17 PM
I'll be there for a couple of days, starting tomorrow. I'm doing some serious boat shopping and will be seen diligently taking notes and #^&#^&#^&#^&ering with dealers.

I hope to see some S-B.com folks. If everyone carries a striper with them then we'll all be identifiable. Just tuck it under your arm.

Striper SniperX
01-08-2003, 10:48 PM
I hope to get down to Prov. for the Boat show this weekend, Hope so.....

P.S. John, once ya get them shirts- i would like one... :)

Also, for those who wear Hats, Ya know like them Gold Hook Clips that go on the Visor of the hat to show that "your a Fisherman"?

I think it would be a good idea if we all had something like that, Or like a striper Pin looking like the S-B logo, or somthing.......Just a thought ;)

Decals/Stickers for the Window in the back of your BEACH BUGGY Or BOAT window ....with the S-B logo would be a great way to Identify each other out on the 'suds'.... I have a Million Ideas, But it's up to John....

I still think Decals or Bumper stickers is a good idea.... ;)

-Mike

Striper SniperX
01-08-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Bob Senior
If everyone carries a striper with them then we'll all be identifiable. Just tuck it under your arm.

LOL :) (thinking that would stink after a-whie ;) )

JohnR
01-09-2003, 08:27 AM
(thinking that would stink after a-whie ) Ahhh but it's a good smell...

I'll have a either a Cuttyhunk hat or Striped-bass.com hat (my mother got it as a stocking stuffer ;) )

Mr. Sandman
01-09-2003, 08:32 AM
Everyone should be able to recognize me at the show...I look just like my icon picture.

GBOUTDOORS
01-10-2003, 07:52 AM
Well I went to the show last night from 4-9 and guess what yup we bought a new boat Trophy 25' w/a with merc. 225o/b and better than that we bought two. No not me but the two customers that I went with, boy was it ever great to spend thier money. Nice boat well laid out but to much $ for my taste $50,000. set up the way they wanted and a little off that for getting two. Now we have to go see the modle they bought on Sunday to seal the deal. Maybe I should start to sell boats along with the lumber and windows:D :D :D

01-10-2003, 08:19 AM
Yikes, $50K for a Bayliner.......ouch!

GBOUTDOORS
01-10-2003, 08:26 AM
Thats what I said but they both liked the boat and set it up the way they wanted. And these guys pay cash so its not a money thing to them! Wish I had the money to buy bigger and keep it up but I will stay with my 21 striper for a few years as I like to fish alone some times and want to trailer so I can't see me going to something bigger .

JohnR
01-10-2003, 08:50 AM
Yikes, $50K for a Bayliner.......ouch! Not the exact words I would use :rollem:

Bayliner, in order to please it's high end customers, has renamed it's larger 34 footers and up as "Meridian Yachts". Bayliner, in order to please it's angling customers, a couple years ago renamed it's fishboats from Bayliner Trophy to just plain Trophy.

I'll take a used Seacraft :D

Duke41
01-10-2003, 08:50 AM
Went yesterday. It is a great show, lots of stuff to check out. IMHO. The Hydrasport Bayboat was the best of show and the Angler 22 would be my second choice. Don't forget to check out the booths on the top floor. Also last night Charlie Soars gave a talk about striper fishing, I couldn't attend but would have liked to. Have fun.

01-10-2003, 08:56 AM
All I want to know is where is the Regulator booth and will they take a check? I promise it's good, LOL.......

Clammer
01-10-2003, 09:27 AM
I'm all set////////////////////////////

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Mr. Sandman
01-10-2003, 09:32 AM
This past fall I test rode a lot of CC's. 2 Reg's 23/26, 1 ocean master 31, 3 seacrafts 23 and one seacraft 31 (dreaming), 2 hydrasports 27/24 and 1 contender 26.
Regulators are *very* nice! I went fishing in a 23 last summer a couple times and test drove a used 23 and a new 26 in a very nasty chop last fall. If you have the $ for the right rig with power (IMO they need a lot of power to really perform well) But they are IMO one of the best center consoles out there for offshore use. They have an incredible deep V and are rock solid and the newer ones are nicely arranged. They are not giving them away though. Even though I ended up buying a seacraft I think regs are slightly better boat for offshore fishing. The 26 w/twin 250s are the way to go rides better then many 30 footers. The hulls are a little power hungy but the rough water performance is outstanding.

The 31 seacraft is awsome (except I wish it had another 18" of beam). The thing has 3 huge live bait wells that should really be called jacuzzi's, and an enormous coffin. 110-130K all rigged out made it out of the question for me but the dealer offered me a ride while I was looking at a 23 and I said what the hell.

If you are looking for value (in particular re-sale value) a late model used one is the way to go hands down. case in point:
http://www.yachtworld.com/listing/yw_listing_full_detail.jsp?url=&boat_id=968310&units=Feet&currency=USD&access=Public&listing_id=52269

01-10-2003, 10:33 AM
Sandman,
Congrats on your SeaCraft, a top tier boat for sure. I will be saving my pennies up and hopefully in a year or two I can start shopping for a late model used 23' Reg. I'd love to get a 23' rigged with a couple of counter rotating Suzuki 140's outback...

Goose
01-10-2003, 10:13 PM
Just got back from the boat show, it was great.

....now does my boy make that boat look good or what !

Clammer
01-10-2003, 10:21 PM
Tony ==just sign,you only live once & if you die ==you beat them//////

;) ;) ;)

Goose
01-10-2003, 11:21 PM
I hear ya loud & clear !

Mr. Sandman
01-12-2003, 08:31 PM
Nice show...Gets you pumped for the spring. I already want to upgrade and I have not got my boat in the water yet.

33' hydra-sport CC, really nice rig....that has my name all over it.
Also I liked the big osprey .