View Full Version : Noises In My Head

BILLC
03-15-2009, 09:18 PM
Well after years of fishing wood by some of you guys and fishing regularly with some one who is constantly designing in his head.(The Greek) I decided to make some plugs for me to fish. I like the old styles that are simple and do not require a huge whare house of components to make. I started out with what I was looking for which was a large slow swimmer. I bought a cedar dowel, cut the face, put in some screw eyes and took it for a swim. I put cut hooks on it first but the split rings gave it life at a slow speed.

I like a shorter waggle for fresh water bass so I made a few for that purpose. Ted got #2 that I made in his favorite colors but I didn't take a pic of it. These are what I did over the weekend and the scaled one was built and painted by my son. He always has to out do me.:laugha:

Flaptail
03-16-2009, 05:47 AM
Heddon Lucky 13's.

Raven
03-16-2009, 05:54 AM
the scaled one was built and painted by my son. He always has to out do me.:laugha:
[

Does your son out fish you as well too :wavey:

Nice Poppers

Charleston
03-16-2009, 08:38 AM

Go get'em Max! :walk:

Raven
03-16-2009, 08:48 AM
i thought a strange mushroom got into his salad :faga:

numbskull
03-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Ya got me fiddling a bit with these as well. I weighted one yesterday to float back 1/2 under and water at mid face. Took a serious tail weight and a big slug of lead just behind the front hook. Probably test it Thurs. Looks interesting, as do yours. Welcome to the game.

BILLC
03-16-2009, 03:12 PM
Heddon Lucky 13's.

Thats the idea. Was always good for largemouth.

Nice Poppers

Yes he does!:smash:

Go get'em Max! :walk:

Bill, he already is eyeing up his Gimpy to try to copy!:)

Ya got me fiddling a bit with these as well. I weighted one yesterday to float back 1/2 under and water at mid face. Took a serious tail weight and a big slug of lead just behind the front hook. Probably test it Thurs. Looks interesting, as do yours. Welcome to the game.

Numbskull, right now I am still playing with weights. I have been putting them pretty much in the same positions just different amounts. I haven't come to any conclusions yet, but everyone so far swims good enough to fish. Going to do some more testing today.:kewl: