View Full Version : Barack Obama - man of action

RIJIMMY
03-18-2009, 12:46 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/17/aig.bonuses.congress/index.html

"Frankly it was such a rush -- we're talking about the stimulus bill now -- to get it passed, I didn't have time and other conferees didn't have time to address many of the provisions that were modified significantly," said Baucus.

Hmm, cant wait until we have a national security conflict! The libs had the pants down and jars of vaseline and were so excited to screw over working americans. Had to rush that bill!

Travis
03-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Wow, what a clusterf*&^! I didn't realize that the bill actually makes exemptions for previous contracts in place. I still don't think that it is right for AIG to get bonuses, however, if movements were initially made to prevent this and final language of the bill allows for it, well then it looks like I am now pointing my finger at the collection of morons we refer to as Congress.

It sure is great to see what a rush everyone was in to get this passed...talk about wreckless!

Raven
03-18-2009, 02:38 PM
w said it's better to be silent

justplugit
03-18-2009, 04:09 PM
But the idea was stripped from the stimulus bill during hurried, closed-door negotiations with the White House and House of Representatives.

See, there really is "change". :hee:

buckman
03-18-2009, 04:12 PM
It was rushed so Nancy could go to Italy. I stand by my statement.