View Full Version : need your input

Raven
03-18-2009, 04:43 PM
your driving up your country road

the speed limit according to the town cop i asked

months earlier is 40 mph anywhere it's unmarked he said.

i have the cruise control on set to like 34 mph

i see some people walking towards me on the side of the road
with strollers and maybe one kiddo in hand....

So.... i totally change lanes moving over to the left lane which is
for oncoming traffic but there isn't anyone coming.....ok being only several blocks from home....

so as to give them an extra wide berth and plenty of room

now the girl gets wicked pissed off ! telling me to slow the f down.
gesturing,,,not flipping me off though

so i turn around to see why she is so dammed angry
because i'm in no mood to take any CRAP from ANYONE today!

~
and i said "mam the speed limit is 40mph on this road and i was doing
35" and she says you see there's children you should have slowed down...next time i'll get your plate and call the cops. she was very belligerent and a total BEOTCH i said go ahead and left.

was i wrong? or was she? i said go ahead. what's your opinion?

legally, it's probably not right to drive in the opposite lane
but many people walk either side by side or with their dogs.

now, if they have their backs to me i slow way down because they cannot see me coming and you never know when a little kid is gonna pull his hand away from mummy's hand and run into the road so i watch them little kids for that scenario.

buckman
03-18-2009, 05:46 PM
Your cruise control works at 34? I would have slowed down, no question.

Saltheart
03-18-2009, 07:07 PM
The biggest mistake was going back to discuss it. Should have just gone home.

striperman36
03-18-2009, 07:48 PM
some people doesn't matter what you do they're still pissed.
I'd just keep going, don't look back.

Sweetwater
03-18-2009, 08:07 PM
Not directly related but it reminded me of an incident I witnessed today. I'm driving back to Foxboro from Somerset taking 138 (back road through towns). I'm driving the speed limit but an SUV is right on my tail. Then, I see a police cruiser with his blue lights on coming toward me in the opposite lane with 3 or 4 cars ahead of him. So I picked out a place to pull over (even though we're going in opposite directions) to give the cop plenty of room.

Well, not only do no cars pull over on the cop's side of the road to let him by, as I pull to the side on a very narrow shoulder that only allowed me to get about 1/2 my truck of the road, the SUV behind me PASSES me and he and the cop barely miss each other as the cop is passing the cars that refused to pull over on his side of the road.

I was pissed! I looked in my rear view just praying that the cop would flip it around and nail the jerk that passed me. But I guess he had somewhere to be and he just kept going.

IDIOTS!!!

5/0
03-18-2009, 08:35 PM
The biggest mistake was going back to discuss it. Should have just gone home.

Yup,just call it a day and go home:jump1:

But to ansewer your question,on the back roads to my street I always due the limit but when I see joggers,walkers,strollers and Moms I'll move over to the other side of the road @ the speed limit,but,if there's on comming traffic I'll just stop and wait for one of the idiots to pass me.

Raven
03-19-2009, 02:11 AM
5/0 ....i did move over to the other side of the road entirely
and if there was oncoming traffic i would have completely stopped.

Saltheart is right though..........

i believe i need to go sit by the ocean and meditate away some hostility...
i've been real snappy lately and this is a perfect example

i can't even sleep now... i think i'll be driving slower either way.

jimmy z
03-19-2009, 03:14 AM
Folks see things the way they are going to see them. If you were going 25, she prolly would have given you a hard time. I encounter folks like that all of the time, and don't give 'em the time of day. Just because they are screwballs.
Ya see, you gave them space, and nothing happened, but they still have a confrontational spirit.
In they're eyes, they are correct. When you confront them, you give them power. You did right, and I do the same, give 'em a wide berth.
Folks like that, with a "sense of entitlement", feel that everything revolves around them. If you acknowledge them, well, you get what your hand calls for.:)

Raven
03-19-2009, 05:09 AM
a profound statement ,,,, and one to live by....

quote: "When you confront them, you give them power."

I'll never forget it........ http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/ravenob1/sign-GUYS/thumbsup.jpg

The Iceman 6
03-19-2009, 12:02 PM
Next time, speed up.

:hidin:

Plum Crazy
03-19-2009, 02:42 PM
There was a comic (maybe Steven Wright) who said
You know what I hate?---------------OTHERS!

jimmy z
03-27-2009, 07:01 PM
Your welcome:kewl: