View Full Version : boaters world

surfcrazy1
03-19-2009, 08:55 PM
don't know if spam or not---but surfing other site [pierandsurf]
said boatersworld going out [90 days]and liquidating all inventory.
sending all inventory from warehouses to stores so its going to be hit or miss for stock. just a heads up if its a fact if anyones looking for boat stuff
:cens:

redlite
03-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Thank you for the heads up since I got $725.00 in gift cards to use from the striper cup.
Shopping spree time.

JohnR
03-20-2009, 10:52 AM
Yeh, just heard this too.

1st get to caching my remain card in...

2nd WHOEVER WON THE GIFT CARD AT TFCTFN - getcher butt in the store :tooth:

Clogston29
03-20-2009, 11:03 AM
i'm surprised that they've stayed open this long. not a very well run company at all.

MakoMike
03-20-2009, 12:20 PM
I've hear the same thing on several other site. Seems their parent was Ritz Camera who recently filed for bankruptcy. Hear that their initial sale will be 10% off everything in the store.

surfcrazy1
03-20-2009, 12:25 PM
went to local this am....confirmed 90 days. under liquidator
10-30 to start who knows from there
just update
they are receiving stock from warehouse so just going to be hit or miss

nightfighter
03-21-2009, 06:43 PM
Yep. Local store was pretty well stocked today. Got an ARC Dehooker, next to last one. 10 percent across the board, with some limited stuff at 30 percent. I'll go back for trailer bearings, etc later on. Going to play the waiting game on some pricier items, ie. tuna sticks, and maybe electronics upgrade if I can score a big discount.... depending on cash flow.

Employees were understandably dejected. Not a good feeling walking out of the store....

Clogston29
03-22-2009, 09:31 AM
just want to clarify that i was refering to the company as a whole in my previous statement. the people at the local store were friendly and as helpful as they could be. it was were i weighed most of my fish for the striper cup because they didn't ask too many questions and get annoying.

reasons for my statement:
- boater's world and boatersworld . com are seperate companies - WTF?
- boater'w world and outerbanks . com are the same company - WTF?
- boater's world coupons / gift cards are not accepted at outerbanks - WTF?

redlite, good luck finding stuff to spend that money on as a shore guy. I had a hard time spending the 250 or so I had. check out coolers and stock up on eel hooks and other terminal crap. check out the website and have them do a custom order for you - assuming they are still doing that.

NIB
03-24-2009, 05:31 AM
Good luck with the cards, I have one also.I have no idea where it is..??
Lots of these companies as they go under stop accepting the cards as payment.

JohnA136
03-24-2009, 06:19 AM
They say cards will be accepted until they close. I would not wait too long, look what Fortunoff did! ALL SALES FINAL. No longer accepting defects or cores. Most stores will be getting two more weekly trucks full of warehouse stuff. Hit or miss, no special orders.

t.orlando
03-24-2009, 08:53 AM
Used my gift card yesterday, picked up a nice little Garmin GPS for my jeep.

steve
03-24-2009, 08:53 AM
The Warwick, RI store has some good stuff. Gotta get down there!

MakoMike
03-24-2009, 11:04 AM
I was in the Wakefield RI store over the weekend and they seemed pretty well stocked.

JohnR
03-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Warwick store was slammed Sunday, and Wakefield and Warwick were OK the past couple days. I was looking for a few things to use my card on and hit a 500yd spool of Power Pro, some fluoro leader materials, and some other odds and ends I know I'll use.

Feel sorry for the employees as they have usually been nice, hate the fact that West Marine (with Higher prices) is not the one going. So instead of giving West much money I'll try some of the local places (Salks & the place in Apponaug if still open), Defender Marine in CT (pretty good), and Boatfix.com (usually best prices online). Including Boaters World, I would go through all of them before getting to West Marine for boat stuff.

Ritz Camera apparently went on a buying spree over the years buying camera store chains and other stuff and can't compete well since the digital revolution (and aggressive pricing)

RIJIMMY
03-24-2009, 01:24 PM
John, Its VERY convenient for me, but I have been going to Bass Pro for my boating supplies. I hate West Marine

Raider Ronnie
04-12-2009, 10:32 AM
I was in the Plymouth Ma. store yesterday with a list of things I need for the boat and figured with a good size list & they are giving mark downs and would save some $
Found most of the things I needed and they were all marked 10 - 40 % off, but the prices didn't look like deals so I took some notes.
Went up the road to the west marine and found most of the items and were cheaper at West marine , so much for the Boatersworld mark downs.
I continued north on rt. 3 and went to Monahan's Marine and got everything I need there where I usually get most of what I need @ a commercial discount :cool:

freebie
04-12-2009, 10:39 AM
those prices are off list Ronnie, really not a deal until they get down to 30-60 which is where most small retailers are buying at, they probably buy at a little less than that even, how much stock was in the store, haven't been by to check it out yet

Rob Rockcrawler
04-12-2009, 03:09 PM
I went to the one in hyannis last weekend and did pretty good. Got a spool of PP for 19bucks, a few packs of sluggos for under 3 bucks each, some bucktails. They also had some Penn senator 113h combos, im not sure of the rods, i think they were called hatteras custom rods the combos were 129.99 minues 20%, a very good deal, its like getting a decent rod for free. Good deals on tins of all sorts but im stocked up.

bobber
04-13-2009, 12:03 AM
best bet is still to wait till closer to the "end"..... Waterford (CT) store is the biggest/best store locally- I asked about a firm closing date, and they said June sometime; but they would also start receiving stock from other smaller stores as the consolidation continues..... if you can find yer local store that'll stay open the latest, you'll likely get the best deals (if you can find it) later i May/June. as it stands right now, they're still not at the "clearance" level, and you can do better elsewhere