View Full Version : Hey PNG and others that have this dup ?

Tagger
03-27-2009, 02:23 PM
Any good ,,, inexspensive enough .. what's the skinny on cutters carbide from there (PSI) ..other sources ? thanks .. worth selling more of wifes stuff and picking this up ?

ProfessorM
03-27-2009, 02:30 PM
I see no dup? I looked but have no idea on the durability. Chris will. Their cutting tool prices for dup's are outrageous, both HSS and Carbide

VTBasser
03-27-2009, 03:04 PM
I think I know the one your talking about it's funny that I just PMed PNG about it the cutter on the one he demoed with at Plugfest other day.

I was thinking for a hobby builder like myself that would only make at most a couple hundred plugs a year if I had a duplicator it would be a good buy. Less complex than a Vega, fewer moving parts, and inexpensive has put it on the need to get one list for me.

PNG
03-27-2009, 03:04 PM
No pic:huh:
I'll assume its the PSI one for around a buck.
Its ok for light duty. If your making a few or more and in no hurry its fine. Pauls right, the carbide cutter is over priced. I use SS sheet metal for the templates.

Sell her stuff...:angel:

Tagger
03-27-2009, 05:25 PM
http://www.pennstateind.com/store/CML-DUPU.html

sorry ... forgot ..
I liked how you re ajusted the arm length on that doing the off centers

PNG
03-27-2009, 05:46 PM
http://www.pennstateind.com/store/CML-DUPU.html

sorry ... forgot ..
I liked how you re ajusted the arm length on that doing the off centers

I should do a tutorial...

Tagger
03-27-2009, 06:05 PM
I should do a tutorial...

:happy::happy::happy: Yes you should ...

PNG
03-27-2009, 06:34 PM
camera man?

Tagger
03-27-2009, 06:57 PM
camera man?

when ... tomorrow 5 am ?

Rockfish9
03-27-2009, 07:39 PM
I had one for two years.. it was OK, got the job done.. gave it to a youngster when I got my vega...

MAC
03-27-2009, 08:06 PM
That was my first duplicator (might even be this one Chris has) :). It's ok but a little slow. For what you want it should be fine. Off center turnings would be a snap.

PNG
03-27-2009, 08:12 PM
when ... tomorrow 5 am ?

I may be awake at 5 but taking pics wont be what I'm doing

kickin'bass ass
03-27-2009, 09:18 PM
this is the duplicater i received for x mas from my wife it works just fine for what we will do with it .if you read the reviews the people complain about the way it works for doing spindles and such but i find it sufficient for the number of plugs i make.the set up is a pain in the butt i had to do some modifications to it ,but that only took a couple hours,a little cut here, a weld there no big deal. http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?Offerings_ID=6579&TabSelect=Reviews&max=999

i hope this works as a link?

gone fishin
03-27-2009, 11:47 PM
I have that unit, it works fine for the quantities I use it for.:hihi:

numbskull
03-28-2009, 05:45 AM
Screw it, stimulate the economy............http://www.minimax-usa.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_bs.tpl&product_id=44&category_id=6&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=35

Tagger
03-28-2009, 07:05 AM
Screw it, stimulate the economy.......

I'm doing my part ... tough finding stuff made in USA too ... I almost went Jet just because I thought it was made USA ..talked to woodworkers.. China ..

Mugz
03-28-2009, 08:08 AM
I bought this duplicator as well when I bought my new turncrafter. I have not set it up yet, but I can already see a few problems with it. I'll need to some modifications with it. I may just end up going back to the duplicator I made a couple years ago with help from The Professor. But that one will need mods as well. I almost sent it back.....if I can't get it to work on my particular lathe I will sell it for a serious discount and just bite the bullet on it. But, I do want to try it first.
I would however like to see a tutorial ......I watched the video that came with it......and I'm just not sure how good it will work out for me. I would need to make a few big changes to it.

Jigman
03-30-2009, 11:21 AM
Thats the first dup that I used. Worked fine and did a bunch of plugs on it. mrpogie did a how to on setting it up on the other site (back in 02 or 03). Vega works better :humpty:

Jigman

Gunpowder
03-31-2009, 02:37 PM
I may be awake at 5 but taking pics wont be what I'm doing

hahaha... thats when you go for your morning 10 mile run right :hihi:

hows it going chris?

PNG
03-31-2009, 04:35 PM
hahaha... thats when you go for your morning 10 mile run right :hihi:

hows it going chris?

Yah, I run down, wave to Unc then run to work...not

Good :)- You?

BTW what are you doin in here, trolling for plugs?

Gunpowder
03-31-2009, 07:47 PM
Yah, I run down, wave to Unc then run to work...not

Good :)- You?

BTW what are you doin in here, trolling for plugs?

hahaha thats funnny... yah the unc is doing well and so am i, just ready to fish though and leave the cow pastures behind me for a little. as far as trolling around in here, sure is always nice seeing everyones work... cant wait to get down to the cape though and dip the line in the water. picked up a nice 1201L cause of everything you and others had said about it... see ya in like 5 weeks :wave: