View Full Version : A Crock Pot Favorite

Saltheart
03-29-2009, 04:54 PM
I have a Rival Crock pot and one of the best things I like to cook in it is a pork and spaghetti sauce dish

I prefer center cut pork chops but tyhe country style ribs work good too. Its incredibly easy.

I chop up a big onion coursely and put that on the bottom. Some sweet peppers is also good if you have some but not essential. Then I put about 1/3 of a jar of premade spaghetti sauce (like ragu or whatever) then I layer on some of the prok , then more sauce , more paork and top the whole thing off with sauce. You'll need one or two jars of sauce depending on how big a batch you make. I crock pot it on low overnight (say 12 hours) and then put it on high about 3hours before I ntend to eat it. All the fat floats to the top and and pools up so its easy to skim it off. The sauce/ meat mixture Is delicious scooped over Spaghetti or potatoes or rice. I like it with spaghetti the best.

the pork must have a bone , that's why the chops or ribs. The slow cooking sucks all the flavor , etc out of the bones (like making a stock) and the spaghetti sauce picks up this deep hearty flavor. Its a thousand times better than the sauce right out of the bottle.

Anyway , its wicked easy and wicked good. Give it a try. :)

spence
03-29-2009, 05:45 PM
Crock pots are awsome...that sounds good :drool:

-spence

JamesJet
03-29-2009, 09:11 PM
try throwing some flank steak on there - I saw it on TV and its awesome. It tastes just like braciole.

Chris in Mass
03-30-2009, 05:43 AM
Great. I must have this now! Crock Pot cooking is the best.

EarnedStripes44
03-30-2009, 08:40 AM
been crockpottin' since 06.