View Full Version : Drug testing for unemployemnt benefits?

RIJIMMY
04-01-2009, 02:57 PM
This is very interesting, it would be an incentive for people to clean up. Seems reasonable to me (which means it will never fly)

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/31/jobless.benefits/index.html

RIROCKHOUND
04-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Gasp.
I agree.

but then I'm a liberal, and by definition, wrong :D in cool beans eyes

Cool Beans
04-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Gasp.
I agree.

but then I'm a liberal, and by definition, wrong :D in cool beans eyes

Liberals aren't necessarily wrong, they are just misguided. :laugha:

RIJIMMY
04-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Bryan's reasonable most of the time.
Hes still in school and has no kids, he'll come over to the dark side soon enough.

JohnnyD
04-01-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm 100% for this.

This would resolve the issue I was discussing a couple months ago of the pieces of garbage who sit at home, smoke crack all day/night and collect a welfare check.

I also think this should extend to alcohol as well. Plenty of drunks that can't hold a job because they won't go 2 hours without some booze. A 45 year old woman at my girlfriend's retail job was just fired because it was discovered the full bottles of water she would bring to work were full of vodka.

RIROCKHOUND
04-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Bryan's reasonable most of the time.
Hes still in school and has no kids, he'll come over to the dark side soon enough.

I'd like to think my principles are a bit stronger than that Jim.
but I am still a common sense liberal, and agree with JohnnyD above.

help those that need, not those that abuse!

RIJIMMY
04-01-2009, 03:17 PM
the principles remain the same, but the reality of how to get there changes.

Bocephus
04-01-2009, 03:31 PM
it makes sense, how many of us had to take a drug test to get the jobs we have today?? Id be willing to bet that MANY of us did. I dont think it will ever happen, ACLU and other bleeding hearts will get involved and cry about it.
I say SINK OR SWIM, get with the program or get lost. But nobody wants to stand up and point out the obvious, for fear of what names they will be called.