View Full Version : Canalman is sick...

DJ Muller
04-02-2009, 07:30 AM
...the amount of plugs he has ready for the show is incredible!

I had the chance a few weeks ago to get out with him and swim some plugs, most of which were his. Do you know how cool it is to swim plugs with the guy that makes them? It is fascinating b/c he will tell you a number of things about each plug; what the plug was made for or should I say what the plug was specifically intended for (condition-wise); the best water to use it in; the way to work it correctly. Plus surprises of the success of certain plugs. Ask dave about his Junior.
If I have learned anything...it is that great plugbuilders don't build plugs just to build plugs they build them for specific purposes. I had the good fortune of spending time with Gary Hull (Gary2, of course) before his passing and I was amazed by the amount of info that he had on each plug/style that he created. Every one of his plugs has a specific purpose.
Anderson has, gee i don't even know, maybe 10 different styles of lure and they all do something different, the only thing they have in common is that they catch darn fish!

Anyway-the guy sends me a text picture last night of all the plugs laying all over his living room floor, guess he was excited. For a moment I got scard that he may start flopping around on the floor w/ them so I replied don't send me anymore pictures. I didn't want to see him looking like a Christmas tree with lures hanging off him instead of balls.
Anyway I am looking forward to the show and I will bring a box of band-aids for Dave just in case the inevitable did take place.

JohnR
04-02-2009, 09:16 AM
Sounds about right :rotf3::lama:

Rocco34520
04-02-2009, 02:42 PM
Great insight as usual DJ. I cant wait to check out Dave's stuff on saturday.

spence
04-02-2009, 04:42 PM
Funny thing is I don't think I've ever seen Dave fish anything but an eel :faga:

-spence

Canalman
04-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Funny thing is I don't think I've ever seen Dave fish anything but an eel :faga:

-spence

You've only seen me fish once! :bshake:

fishaholic18
04-03-2009, 04:45 AM
Anyway-the guy sends me a text picture last night of all the plugs laying all over his living room floor, guess he was excited.
I got that one too...He's an animal..:kewl:

Raven
04-03-2009, 05:14 AM
:wid:...........:cputin:

FishNH
04-03-2009, 09:31 PM
I got a sweet jr style swimmer from Dave today at RISSA. His stuff is sweet.