View Full Version : trout today

stiff tip
04-02-2009, 04:02 PM
went fishing around sandwich and mashpee ponds today .. me and muttly,rained all day .fished 3-4 ponds .caught shi t, but did see fish rising to bugs on the surface ..no hits on hardware or roostertails all day...water feels too cold on the legs

JohnnyD
04-02-2009, 04:04 PM
went fishing around sandwich and mashpee ponds today .. me and muttly,rained all day .fished 3-4 ponds .caught shi t, but did see fish rising to bugs on the surface ..no hits on hardware or roostertails all day...water feels too cold on the legs

I went out last weekend down the Cape. Could only fish for 20-25 minutes at a time before I had to get out and let the feeling return to my thighs.

The Dad Fisherman
04-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Went out a couple times this week for a bit....Picked up a small Pickerel Tuesday and a small Large Mouth last night....felt good to get a few casts in.

BigFish
04-02-2009, 04:22 PM
You can always cast Kevin...its the catching that feels good!:cool:

Rockport24
04-02-2009, 04:25 PM
yeah I need trout catching lessons. maybe Flap can help me!

The Dad Fisherman
04-02-2009, 04:43 PM
You can always cast Kevin...its the catching that feels good!:cool:

Meaningful Casts......:hee:

clcharette
04-02-2009, 04:57 PM
My son Dylan and I just got back from a pond in North Attleboro where I caught one nice 15" bow and lost 2 others. Not enough wind today to turn the bite on. Yesterday we took two each all on spinners/spoons. We'll try again tomorrow.

Rob Rockcrawler
04-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Im not much of a trout fisherman but i found a pond last weekend that was full of 16-20" trout. They were hanging out about 6 feet from shore right near the surface. I was so sure they would be easy to catch. I tried yesterday and couldnt get a bite. I tried a bunch of different lures, and even tried a night crawler with a small hook and no weight. They would follow the worm to the bottom, give it a smell and slowly swim away. I got so damn frustrated. But i think i got the small pond grand slam. 1 bass, 5 perch, 2 crappie, 1 pickerel and a bunch of bluegills.

new jack
04-02-2009, 06:45 PM
let the water warm up a bit, those trout will get active. there are plenty out there to catch.:uhuh::uhuh: