View Full Version : Deadliest Catch

The Iceman 6
04-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Tonight @ 9:00 pm (season opener)

InTheHole
04-14-2009, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, I would of missed it. Great show!

Raven
04-14-2009, 12:51 PM
the wild thing about that show is that Anything can happen

MarshCappa
04-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Great show, I'm a big fan.

Rob Rockcrawler
04-14-2009, 04:00 PM
I would have forgotten, thanks for the heads up.

Adam_777
04-14-2009, 05:24 PM
I've been watching the reruns on and off the past week or so.How bout the preview for the Disney Nature movie.Took 5 years to film.Looks like it's may be one of the better movies of the year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkA-2Mg181k

freebie
04-14-2009, 05:43 PM
hopefully they show it on Jet Blue so I have something good to watch en route to the west coast tonight

JohnnyD
04-14-2009, 05:53 PM
I've been watching the reruns on and off the past week or so.How bout the preview for the Disney Nature movie.Took 5 years to film.Looks like it's may be one of the better movies of the year.

That looks like it's only a repackaging of Discovery's Planet Earth. Every scene is directly from the series.

http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/planet-earth/planet-earth.html

Adam_777
04-14-2009, 06:24 PM
I noticed that also.I love that series so I'll go see it in the movies.Probably most of the good scenes all packed into one.I watch it on discovery any time they run it.Hopefully my 6yr old can be bothered long enough to watch it and learn to love nature and wildlife as much as his old man.

RIROCKHOUND
04-14-2009, 07:02 PM
:sleeps:
Am I the only one who gets bored watching them catch the same crabs over and over? I'll watch one or two this season, but it will be fishing season soon...

Rob Rockcrawler
04-14-2009, 07:06 PM
i was pissed last year, my directv kept crapping the bed the last 3 weeks of the show. Would always die about 7-8 o'clock the night of the show. It made me get cable, and since i now remember its been almost a year i guess my bill is going to go through the roof.

boot man
04-14-2009, 07:11 PM
:sleeps:
Am I the only one who gets bored watching them catch the same crabs over and over? .

Yes, you are. There are different crabs in each pot. ;)

But I also never got bored watching Gilligan's Island or the Roadrunner, so maybe I'm just not that easily bored.

nightfighter
04-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Having worked and run boats offshore, I have no problem saying I'm a junkie for this show. I look forward to seeing how other captains and crews handle adverse conditions. My experiences out there (not the Bering, the Atlantic) now cause me to not tolerate being wet and cold very well... (at least I'm too old to be a Navy SEAL, because that's all they know) I know Red and Clammer enjoy it too.

Adam_777
04-14-2009, 09:09 PM
Capt Phil dropped out first show ? May be planned because they had a new guy on the deck.Either way I'm a die hard fan of the show.

Raven
04-15-2009, 07:26 AM
i changed the channel after it became so emotional...

the Captain was worried about his chew habit
yet he was still chewing away as he talked with the wife...
on the phone...

Flaptail
04-15-2009, 08:06 AM
Did I misread something in the first few minutes of the show or does the Wizard go down or almost go down in a future episode?

Rockfish9
04-15-2009, 08:19 AM
Did I misread something in the first few minutes of the show or does the Wizard go down or almost go down in a future episode?

I was wondering the same thing

Rockport24
04-15-2009, 09:02 AM
I missed that part, the capt had to dive underneath the boat though in open water and almost got himself killed, maybe that is what you are referring to?

Rockfish9
04-15-2009, 11:50 AM
In some of the previews there were shots of a coat gaurd rescue, hints of trouble on the wizzard, when Keith had to hang up a phone call to answer sowm type of alarm....

Rockport24
04-15-2009, 01:47 PM
uh-oh! see sometimes I miss stuff by dvr'ing it and fast forwarding thru commericials!

yeah they probably want us to fear the worst, then it's just like a much less servere situation than they hinted

JoeBass
04-15-2009, 02:31 PM

I may be wrong on this...but I wonder if they were shooting deadliest catch when that boat went down in that area about a year ago. The boat that went down was fishing for pollack I think. Men were lost. Some were saved by helicopter coast guard. Maybe they were in the area shooting and went to help? Tragic stuff.

Rip Runner
04-15-2009, 03:06 PM
I may be wrong on this...but I wonder if they were shooting deadliest catch when that boat went down in that area about a year ago. The boat that went down was fishing for pollack I think. Men were lost. Some were saved by helicopter coast guard. Maybe they were in the area shooting and went to help? Tragic stuff.

I think they are trying to bait us that the Wizard is going down to keep people watching. My guess is that the Wizard did have some issues, but the boat that went down was the one mentioned above. With the popularity of the show if the Wizard went down it would have been on the news and every internet fishing forum months ago.

clambelly
04-15-2009, 04:37 PM

the Alaskan Ranger went down with 45 people. 7 perished. the rest were saved by other boats and the coast guard. it was a dragger/processor. bad scene. the captain was a hero. made sure all his guys got off before he did. i believe that happened in December, not far from where these guys fish.

nightfighter
04-15-2009, 04:47 PM
Alaskan Ranger was lost in March '08. King crab season for 2008 began in October.

Was probably the Katmai.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,443661,00.html

slow eddie
04-15-2009, 05:21 PM
i never get bored. reminds me of when i did the boats scalloping off shore. 50 yrs. ago how the equiptment changes, but the captains sure haven't. still some i'd go overboard for, others i wish they would get an idea.

macojoe
04-15-2009, 07:10 PM
I have it on DVR they show a boat going down, but it is none of the regulars on the show

teezer
04-15-2009, 07:59 PM
I loved it. My son, wife, and soon my daughter all love it. Gives us something to watch together.

nightfighter
04-21-2009, 05:50 PM
new episode at 9 tonight