View Full Version : Young Blood from RI

Harp
04-15-2009, 12:21 PM
Hi...I've been lurking around this forum for awhile and figured it was time to join up. I'm a 23 year old student/bartender from Narragansett. I grew up in Montauk surfcasting with my grandfather before moving to RI when I was 8. Any knowledge I was able to retain was quickly forgotten. Other than the occasional trip back to LI boatfishing with my family or surfcasting M, fishing was far from a big part of my life. Over the last 2 seasons, I've been dedicated to surfcasting the RI shore and learning as much as I can. I'm able to get out a lot, but not nearly as much as I want. With the spring season just about here, I'm full of excitement and as ready as I'll ever be. Good luck to everybody out there...tight lines!

JohnR
04-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Hi...I've been lurking around this forum for awhile and figured it was time to join up. I'm a 23 year old student/bartender from Narragansett. I grew up in Montauk surfcasting with my grandfather before moving to RI when I was 8. Any knowledge I was able to retain was quickly forgotten. Other than the occasional trip back to LI boatfishing with my family or surfcasting M, fishing was far from a big part of my life. Over the last 2 seasons, I've been dedicated to surfcasting the RI shore and learning as much as I can. I'm able to get out a lot, but not nearly as much as I want. With the spring season just about here, I'm full of excitement and as ready as I'll ever be. Good luck to everybody out there...tight lines!

Harp - welcome to S-B. Good location to fish from, Gansett. No fish there ;)

There is a great local fishing club to check out: http://narragansettsurfcasters.com/ more than a few people here are members. Meeting next Tuesday night.

Bassinthebay
04-15-2009, 08:53 PM
You are in a great place to get back into it! Im a young dude as well, but spend most of the spring in the bay... july and august I head down your way more often.

If you ever want to meet up and fish, let me know... none of my friends fish, so I am always looking for a fishin buddy...

plus if you are a bartender, perhaps a few on the house!

tight lines

Harp
04-16-2009, 10:14 PM
definitely up for some fishing and i can definitely arrange some brews "on the house." all of my friends think i'm crazy for getting out of work at 11 and going fishing so i'm in the same boat as you. let me know

one of the guys from narragansett surfcasters comes into my restaurant all the time. i've been talking to him a lot and plan on heading up to the meeting tuesday. thanks for the heads up.

Bassinthebay
04-17-2009, 08:32 PM
HA, I feel ya Harp..

I was the DD for my buds one night when they went to the CG house... so instead of hanging around a bar on a friday sober... i decided to hit the town beach...

Boy did I catch flack for that... still do, but we all went home safe and happy.

See ya out there

cheferson
04-17-2009, 08:51 PM
all of my friends think i'm crazy for getting out of work at 11 and going fishing so i'm in the same boat as you. let me know

Also live in gansett. Ive been cooking in restaurants for 12+ years. I do the same when i get out of work, but not till ussally after 1am.. Thats the best thing for me, after cooking for 3-500+ im really wired and cant sleep. Id rather go unwind making some casts then s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g down loads of beer! No fish in gansett, all the fish are up the bay with the bunker..:call:

Harp
04-18-2009, 10:54 PM
yeah i know exactly what you're talking about. i'm WIRED after work and have no chance of falling asleep.

moosh
04-21-2009, 07:22 AM
welcome .