View Full Version : Buying gasoline from Stop & Shop

Raider Ronnie
04-16-2009, 04:52 PM
Anyone fill up at a Stop & Shop ?
A new station opened up on my ride to work (gas only, no super market)
I see the prices posted 1.92 w/ card 1.97 w/out for reg
So I figured my wife has a card I'll use it.
Stopped this morning
Gave the girl the card to scan & $40 in cash (about 30 - 35 usually ti fill at current prices.
16.27 gals $20 :D
Price was $1.23 a gal :btu:
I guess every time you shop and use the card you rack up points and that lowers the price per gal.
Had I known this I would have dragged the Parker down and got 150 gals !

spence
04-16-2009, 05:03 PM
They changed things a while ago and are adding your gas coupons from spending right into your card account. If you buy most of your groceries at S&S their gas is a fantastic deal.

-spence

buckman
04-16-2009, 05:47 PM
I give the kids the gas reward points. Saves them about .50 a gallon. Sweeeeet

5/0
04-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Ronny,
The are to things to this,
1.The more you buy the more gas reward points you get to save on gas at there stations.
2.If you and your wife both have cards the gas points do not consolidate to one card,in other words each card has it's own value points.After each purchase it should state your current gas reward points.

It's not a bad gimick.

Gas should not break 2.40 this summer.............

fishsmith
04-17-2009, 07:33 AM
Here's another that works with a shaws card. every little bit helps

http://www.override.com/Home/HowOverrideWorks/

RIROCKHOUND
04-17-2009, 07:44 AM
I've seen tautog01 fill a gas-engine passenger trolley at the stop and shop in Newport when the price of gas climbed above wholesale...

I wish my S&S here had gas, I'm not over the bridge enough to capitalize...

MakoMike
04-17-2009, 08:08 AM
I've seen tautog01 fill a gas-engine passenger trolley at the stop and shop in Newport when the price of gas climbed above wholesale...

I wish my S&S here had gas, I'm not over the bridge enough to capitalize...

The S&S in Richmond has a gas station. I stop there fairly often.

RIROCKHOUND
04-17-2009, 08:49 AM
Too far from Gansett/Wakefield to make the savings woth it in my truck...

Katie
04-18-2009, 08:20 AM
Hmm. Time for me to get a S&S card. $1.23 a gal. is unbelievable.

BigFish
04-18-2009, 08:29 AM
Filled up yesterday! $132.9 a gallon down from $1.91.9........$30 bucks to fill me up!!! Heck I remember paying $90.00 to fill the same tank!:conf:

striperman36
04-18-2009, 10:24 AM
does their higher food cost and less choice get paid back at the pump?
They don't have diesel do they?

late-start
04-18-2009, 11:22 AM
I usually fill up at S&S as well and put it on my AmEx blue which gives me an extra 5% back on gas and grocery purchases. The little stuff adds up.

Raider Ronnie
04-18-2009, 11:43 AM
does their higher food cost and less choice get paid back at the pump?
They don't have diesel do they?

I've been wondering about diesel also.
The one on Walpole Ma. does not have diesel.

5/0
04-18-2009, 06:50 PM
Hmm. Time for me to get a S&S card. $1.23 a gal. is unbelievable.

The more you buy the cheaper the gas get's.

gf2020
04-20-2009, 10:50 AM
I buy most of the gas for my car at the S & S in North Reading.

There is a maximum to the amount of discount you can receive and the number of gallons you can receive so filling the boat would not pan out.

I've never had any issues with the gas, I burn their super unleaded in my turbo Subaru.

Mike P
04-20-2009, 03:17 PM
I've never had any issues with the gas, I burn their super unleaded in my turbo Subaru.

How do you know what kind of gas you're buying at a name brand station? Outside of Gulf, I've never seen a company tank truck delivering gas at any station in SE Mass. 95% of the time it's a JP Noonan tanker, which is what I see delivering gas at the Wareham Stop & Shop. Occasionally Cape Cod Cartage or Volta Oil tankers. I can't remember the last time I saw an Exxon, Mobil or Shell truck delivering gas to a station around me--just Gulf.

Cpt. Crunch
04-20-2009, 05:22 PM
I get mine there. I paid 64 cents once last summer when prices were up.

spence
04-20-2009, 05:31 PM
How do you know what kind of gas you're buying at a name brand station? Outside of Gulf, I've never seen a company tank truck delivering gas at any station in SE Mass. 95% of the time it's a JP Noonan tanker, which is what I see delivering gas at the Wareham Stop & Shop. Occasionally Cape Cod Cartage or Volta Oil tankers. I can't remember the last time I saw an Exxon, Mobil or Shell truck delivering gas to a station around me--just Gulf.

Yea, from what I've heard stations buy from a local "distributer" and the idea of a brand isn't really there.

-spence

5/0
04-20-2009, 05:58 PM
I get mine there. I paid 64 cents once last summer when prices were up.

Holy Chit man,that's some savings.

Raider Ronnie
04-23-2009, 06:32 AM
I went back to fill up yesterday
2.36 a gal, wife shopped 1 time since the last fill up.
I asked some questions while there, there is a 25 gal max per fill up for the discount.

BigFish
04-23-2009, 07:08 AM

I been saying that for years Mike! All generic trucks delivering to stations.....you are not getting what you think you are in my opinion! Fortunately I get 87 octane so its only upside for me.