View Full Version : 12 for 12

Sea Dangles
04-21-2009, 06:07 PM
My wife's brother has just gotten word from his last school he applied to.Applications were sent to 12 schools and they were all accepted. He will be moving to Philly for the next four years starting this fall to attend the Wharton school of businees at U PENN.Hard work does pay off,what a future he has.

spence
04-21-2009, 06:15 PM
My wife's brother has just gotten word from his last school he applied to.Applications were sent to 12 schools and they were all accepted. He will be moving to Philly for the next four years starting this fall to attend the Wharton school of businees at U PENN.Hard work does pay off,what a future he has.

Yea, the recession has hit colleges really hard. Most have had to lower their standards way below normal to get enrollment.

-spence

Oh wait, the Wharton School of Business is pretty good ;)

Raider Ronnie
04-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Congrats to him

justplugit
04-21-2009, 09:27 PM
That is terrific news. :btu:
Thee best in the country, his future is made. :)

Swimmer
04-22-2009, 11:04 AM
[quote=spence;683261] Most have had to lower their standards way below normal to get enrollment.

-spence
You could have left that out Spence.

nightfighter
04-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Good school. My niece is asst director of admissions at Wharton.

striperman36
04-22-2009, 11:32 AM
Stonehill has been packed this week with potential attendees and their families.
No neanderthals or cave men were sighted though. So the standards can't be too low

Slipknot
04-22-2009, 11:34 AM
congrats to your brother in law

The Iceman 6
04-22-2009, 12:05 PM
That's great news, congrats to him.

spence
04-22-2009, 12:23 PM
Most have had to lower their standards way below normal to get enrollment.

-spence
You could have left that out Spence.

It was a pretty obvious joke. :)

-spence

JohnR
04-22-2009, 12:47 PM
Good news, great school, now to do good with the opportunity.

Tagger
04-22-2009, 12:55 PM
Friend ,,,, Great news .. I admire an education now .. I didn't pass go went directly to roofing .. :jester:

bart
04-22-2009, 02:47 PM
impressive

Sea Dangles
04-22-2009, 03:08 PM
I always appreciate it when Spence thinks he is being witty.

Sea Dangles
04-22-2009, 03:10 PM
Stonehill has been packed this week with potential attendees and their families.
No neanderthals or cave men were sighted though. So the standards can't be too low

Bill, do you work at Stonehill? Another good school ,and getting better all the time.

spence
04-22-2009, 04:31 PM
If I responded to one of Dangles posts without any sense of sarcasm he'd think something was up.

That being said, your brother in law does realize that the Trump haircut is mandatory doesn't he :hee:

-spence

striperman36
04-22-2009, 05:34 PM
Bill, do you work at Stonehill? Another good school ,and getting better all the time.
Da wife does.

Sea Dangles
04-03-2013, 07:19 AM
Update;
Last hurah is coming soon at UPenn. Bill will graduate with a major in marketing and psychology. The recruiting at the school is constant, Bill is in the interview process and will decide between some exciting opportunities.The cream does rise to the top as the offers are from some of the top companies who are looking for bright minds and hard workers.

Raven
04-03-2013, 07:32 AM

wow! i'll say.

fishbones
04-03-2013, 11:30 AM
Update;
Last hurah is coming soon at UPenn. Bill will graduate with a major in marketing and psychology. The recruiting at the school is constant, Bill is in the interview process and will decide between some exciting opportunities.The cream does rise to the top as the offers are from some of the top companies who are looking for bright minds and hard workers.

I guess the only downside is no more keg parties and feeling up freshmen chicks on the quad.

FishermanTim
04-03-2013, 12:37 PM
Any scholarships?????

Remember that admission doesn't mean you can AFFORD to go, just that you have been accepted.

Congrats to him and good luck in his future endeavors!

Sea Dangles
04-03-2013, 01:37 PM
Any scholarships?????

Remember that admission doesn't mean you can AFFORD to go, just that you have been accepted.

Congrats to him and good luck in his future endeavors!

Smart folks bum scholarships,he will graduate with no debt.

FishermanTim
04-03-2013, 05:04 PM
Smart folks bum scholarships,he will graduate with no debt.

My younger sister went to school to become a RN, and while she was going to school year-round she was working at the Brigham and Woman's hospital.....as a nurse's aid.
She finished 4 years of college in 3 and was offered a job BEFORE she graduated.

She finished college with ZERO debt, and a very well paying job right out of the chute!

Hope he has the same aspirations.

Swimmer
04-03-2013, 05:09 PM
It was a pretty obvious joke. :)

-spence

I know, but you could have left it out.

HugeDinghy
04-03-2013, 06:19 PM
thats great, congrats to him, but isnt your wifes brother, your brother in law?
:)

Sea Dangles
04-04-2013, 07:07 AM
My younger sister went to school to become a RN, and while she was going to school year-round she was working at the Brigham and Woman's hospital.....as a nurse's aid.
She finished 4 years of college in 3 and was offered a job BEFORE she graduated.

She finished college with ZERO debt, and a very well paying job right out of the chute!

He is no aspirations to become an RN.
Offers include a gig with Oracle in San Fran
A communications gig where half the employees are in Beijing
A technology position outside of DC
An analyst position with Carmax
He worked through college with the Big Brothers and was the only student at Wharton placed on the Board
He is a geek and a Dem!

Sea Dangles
04-04-2013, 07:11 AM
thats great, congrats to him, but isnt your wifes brother, your brother in law?
:)

More like a son,going to fathers weekendat his frat tomorrow.I am proud of him and he sets a great example for my children. I will be taking my oldest boy with me to see what hard work yields.His blueprint is hard to argue with.

FishermanTim
04-04-2013, 10:12 AM

He worked through college with the Big Brothers and was the only student at Wharton placed on the Board
He is a geek and a Dem!

Duh!, that wasn't what I meant. :smash:
I should have said that I hoped he would have the desire to work his way through college, so that he wouldn't be straddled with student loans for the rest of his life.

Rockport24
04-04-2013, 10:48 AM
Sounds like he won't have any issue paying off those student loans! Also sounds like he has some great opportunities there, congrats to him!

striperman36
04-04-2013, 11:29 AM
He is a geek and a Dem!

I'd go with the DC option. there are 5 available women for every man in DC right now. It's awesome..wish I was 30 years younger.

RIJIMMY
04-04-2013, 11:33 AM
Duh!, that wasn't what I meant. :smash:
I should have said that I hoped he would have the desire to work his way through college, so that he wouldn't be straddled with student loans for the rest of his life.

Tim, look at the dates of the posts. the original post is 4 yrs old. The guy is graduating now!

Dangles, tell him to go with Oracle. San Francisco is one of the greatest cities in the world. Plus, a lot of guys are gay so if he is straight, it really increases your chances of hooking up with hot chicks. the odds are better. It worked for me!

The Dad Fisherman
04-04-2013, 12:28 PM
I loved San Francisco when I was stationed out there, Great Food, Great Music, Can't beat the Summer Weather out there......loved it

striperman36
04-04-2013, 12:41 PM
Tim, look at the dates of the posts. the original post is 4 yrs old. The guy is graduating now!

Dangles, tell him to go with Oracle. San Francisco is one of the greatest cities in the world. Plus, a lot of guys are gay so if he is straight, it really increases your chances of hooking up with hot chicks. the odds are better. It worked for me!

Actually I'd rather go work for RedHat in Raleigh-Durham than Oracle. Oracle is too big, you start out getting beat to a pulp in sales support for 4 or 5 years.

Rockport24
04-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Ya getting beat to hell, then probably getting a huge bonus when the profits go through the roof! Although I know they didn't meet their earning targets recently and took a hit in the markets..

striperman36
04-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Ya getting beat to hell, then probably getting a huge bonus when the profits go through the roof! Although I know they didn't meet their earning targets recently and took a hit in the markets..

still working minimum hourly wage if you divide the bonus by all the hours worked. been there done that with sales support.

Sea Dangles
04-04-2013, 02:45 PM
Oracle deal is 3 months training in SF with housing. After that it would be SF,Boston or Austin;not a bad choice among the three but I think a young guy in Austin is who I would prefer to visit. BBQ and live music! SF would be too expensive for a few years and we have seen Boston plenty.He is not sure he is looking for a sales job either.
Front runner is a marketing job with a company called Microstrategy.It is in Tysons Corner VA which is ouside of DC I guess. I noticed what you did Bill when we went to DC last fall.The Georgetown area was on fire with young,attractive girlies.

HugeDinghy
04-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Austin is freaking awesome

RIJIMMY
04-05-2013, 08:42 AM
austin is a great city, plus he wont have to pay any state taxes. Some great bass fishing in the lakes @ there if he is interested

Dangles - in San Francisco, across the bay in Oakland, believe it or not is some of the best BBQ in the country. Large african american population from the south moved there in the 40s to support thr war shop building effort. They took their BBQ customs with them. great blues and BBQ in oakland. SF also has an amazing music scene. More famous bands come from there than anywhere else in the country.

striperman36
04-05-2013, 09:54 AM
Austin is HOT!! I'll be there first week in May for business, it's amazing how many young people are based there.

Microstrategy is a BI toolset provider, the big spoiler in that space right now is Tableau, awesome tool.

Big Data is all over right now and if he hops on that bus he'll be gtg for a while,
Microstrategy, Oracle are the same play probably. Business Objects is another in the same space.

Good luck to him, he'll do very, very well regardless

HugeDinghy
04-05-2013, 12:59 PM
been to austin a handful of times for work...couldnt imagine being a young man fresh out of college, with a good job...living there...be like shooting fish in a barrel.

piemma
04-07-2013, 06:11 AM

I have a niece who did 6 years at URI and worked at the same time. Graduated with a PH.d in Pharmacy. 2 year at CVS and she's 25 and making $140,000 a year. I am extremely proud of her.