04-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Just traded pick :conf:

JohnR
04-25-2009, 05:55 PM
Again :fishslap:

HookLine&Sinker
04-25-2009, 07:02 PM
chung?

i was hopeing they would pick rey mualuluga...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

HookLine&Sinker
04-25-2009, 10:35 PM
atleast they picked up guys for there secondary

afterhours
04-26-2009, 06:49 AM
..a littlle surprised they did,nt grab one of the usc lb's...but bill knows best...

Dad 818
04-26-2009, 07:36 AM
Was hoping for Rey Maualuga from USC to man the ILB spot next to Mayo for the next 10 years, but all in all a good first day.

Patrick Chung, S, Oregon- not a flashy pick, but a solid one. Will hopefully man one of the safety spots next to Meriweather. Not the best in coverage, but a true in the box safety. Similar to Rodney Harrison, great against the run, but not great in straight up coverage. Has the ability to put fear into an opponent coming over the middle. Would think he needs to put on a few pounds, but overall a good pick.

Ron Brace, NT, Boston College- this one did have me scratching my head for a few minutes, but then I realized how hard it is to find a true run-stuffing nose tackle, especially with so many teams switching to the 3-4 defense. Not only will he be a better sub for Big Vince (he was admittedly worn down by the end of last year) but we now have insurance in case Vince decides to leave (which I don't see happening). A pick that is growing on me.

Darius Butler, CB, UConn- he could be the steal of the draft, IMO. A lot of people had him in the first round, and I was shocked he fell to us at 41. Good corner skills, fluid in the hips, good hands and very athletic. Has played offense in college, which gives him knowledge of what a wide receiver is trying to do while running routes. My favorite pick of Day 1.

Sebastian Vollmer, T, Houston- not a lot of football experience, as he didn't start playing until he came to the states. Dominated at the East/West Shrine game, and has played both LT and RT. Is a specimen at 6-7 300+ pounds. Thought there were better options on the O-Line for the Pats, but there's a reason why I sit in my kitchen typing this and Coach Belichick and his staff are in a room drafting players in Foxboro.

Pats have 4 3rd round picks, and you can guarantee they will be trading around for players they have targeted, or for future picks in next year's draft. This draft is marginal at best with not a lot of can't miss prospects, that's why Belichick moved down. He could have drafted similar players higher in the draft and paid a higher salary for them, or moved down and got value with his picks. They have 3 picks they HAVE to use (compensatory) and I don't think there are many players left who can contribute to the team.

Hope this helps.

HookLine&Sinker
04-26-2009, 08:42 AM
thats what i was thinking with rey malaluga and mayo,

did anyone notice that there were like 5 picks in the first two rounds from C.T.

Mike P
04-26-2009, 11:38 AM
..a littlle surprised they did,nt grab one of the usc lb's...but bill knows best...

Blind faith is so touching ;)

JohnR
04-26-2009, 12:39 PM

Ahhh, don't listen to Mike - he's a Gints fan :hihi:

afterhours
04-26-2009, 12:53 PM

to those of us who don't know it all- it's all we have....:bl:

Dad 818
04-26-2009, 04:46 PM

I actually think the Giants may have had the best draft.

They got some sick players. Really like what they did.

WR Hakeem Nicks
LB Clint Sintim
T William Beatty
WR Ramses Barden
TE Travis Beckum
RB Andre Brown
QB Rhett Bomar
DB DeAndre Wright

Mike P
04-26-2009, 05:05 PM

I take it back--In Bill I trust---especially now that he stuck the Eagles with Hobbs :hf1::D:claps: