View Full Version : plug bag ideas ?

Jaycet62
04-26-2009, 07:09 AM
I've been working away for some months down in the basement, and I've got a bunch of prototypes to try out. I've taken several up to the lake in a cardboard box, but "that would never do" out on the beach, and the trudge from my truck at plum island parking lot to the river seems to be getting longer and longer.

In the past I've used a commercial bag with plastic dividers, a drywall bucket with notches and a soft sided sixpack cooler......but I've never had this many plugs or the desire to test-drive them in some sort of organized way. I just took a few and went fishing.

What are you guys using? How do you keep all of the multi-hooked plugs untangled? Is there one commercial bag that seems most commonly used?

Thanks for your help and suggestions. J

jeffthechef
04-26-2009, 07:17 AM
plastic (flip top) flat storage trays w/ dividers

Pete F.
04-26-2009, 08:40 AM
milk crate full of pvc vacuum tubes
any big plastic tub full of shampoo bottles
Be careful, plugs tend to breed uncontrolably if left in one spot.

luds
04-26-2009, 05:21 PM
I buy plug bags but you could make a completely functional bag with plastic tubing, heavy duty velcro, and duct tape.

Gunpowder
04-26-2009, 06:01 PM
I buy plug bags but you could make a completely functional bag with plastic tubing, heavy duty velcro, and duct tape.

that would be a sweet bag :hihi:

Tagger
04-26-2009, 06:58 PM
I'm using a Aqua Skinz medium .. I have a huge Connyon ,, I loaded and took out once . too freakin heavy .... If you insist on taking a pile of plugs you can buy a WWII backpack army navy and load it with plano boxes ..

luds
04-26-2009, 07:05 PM
that would be a sweet bag :hihi:

Someone on the other site taking that idea to another level. I'd be good with straight black or grey. This guy is ready for the runway.

Mr. Sandman
04-27-2009, 07:06 AM
My vehicle plug storage infrastructure is a substantial number of plano3700 boxes stacked in a large plastic tub turned on its side with a couple of small bungees holding them all in place. It allows me to take a lot of plugs to the beach and easily swap boxes from the garage wall unit as need be. while on foot I resort to a commercial small/medium belt bag and only carry maybe 8 plugs some buck tails and a rubber or two. If I need more, I go back to the vehicle. I don't like carrying a bag and putting it on the beach. I like to be on the move and have everything I need on me.

I recently saw a plug storage bag in a catalog (I think a muskie catalog) that was really nice. Huge number of tube storage in a open vertical style. I was thinking about supplementing my boxes with it.

So many plugs so little time to fish them.

VTBasser
04-27-2009, 09:45 AM
Bolt a strap on this Flambeau box and you can carry 50+ plugs.

mag minnow
04-27-2009, 07:32 PM
I use a surplus shoudler bag. I think they called it an officer's briefcase. I make one row of 2" dia. PVC cut to 7" and taped together in a row for one half of the bag.(6pcs., there's a canvas divider in it) and the next row is 6" lengths of 2" dia. PVC 6pcs. taped together. It also has a front flap pocket for a few Crippled Herrings ziplock with leaders etc...I've had it for almost 20yrs and
would love to find another one to set up for just jigging. As someone mentioned above, the PVC is for interior vacuum lines. Thin walled and light.

The Dad Fisherman
04-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Someone on the other site taking that idea to another level. I'd be good with straight black or grey. This guy is ready for the runway.

You are officially my Son's new Hero with that one.....Don't know what it is with teen boys and there fascination with Duck Tape

Bolt a strap on this Flambeau box and you can carry 50+ plugs.

I got that same box....holds a ton. I use the George Carlin methodology....keep branching out with smaller versions of "My Stuff"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvgN5gCuLac

Jaycet62
04-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Thanks,guys: I really appreciate the help. I'm going to try home despot for some of that vacuum tubing in the AM. The Aquaskinz medium bag seems a hot item and out of stock where I tried. J

Raven
04-29-2009, 05:55 AM
he has noticed over the years

that there is an inverse relationship

between the size of the tackle box

and the success of the fisherman....

so yes, Size does matter....

says so- in my spam box every day