View Full Version : launched today

RIJIMMY
04-26-2009, 06:53 PM
took the wife and kids out on the bay, went way up a river and tried from some schoolies. no fish but beautiful day, warm and sunny and the boat seems to be running great. Heres to the begginning of the 2009 season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Real fishing begins next weekend

MarshCappa
04-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Good for you! Was there many other boats out there? I managed to launch myself in the water at the beach. Pretty chilly.

RIJIMMY
04-27-2009, 08:02 AM
Good for you! Was there many other boats out there? I managed to launch myself in the water at the beach. Pretty chilly.

I was surprised at the number of boats out there. Saw a few guys fly fishing and others cruising around. Last year I went in on the same weekend and my marina was empty, this year, there were more boats already in the water. Maybe its just me, but after a lousy winter and good gas prices, I think there will be more people on the water this year.

PRBuzz
04-27-2009, 08:12 AM
Fairly busy at the Weymouth launch yesterday. Bottom fished various spots around Boston Harbor to Graves Light and couldn't find any fish.

Quite on the water Saturday around Sakonnet River and Mt Hope Bay areas. Few boats and no fisherman in site except from the shore.

striperman36
04-27-2009, 09:46 AM
The Farmington looked like a flyfishing convention, yet, we found unfished spots and had a great time wading in 45 degree water and have the 87 degree air and bright sun bake us. I am sunburn now and my knee really is telling me a complete orthopedic review is required.
And the several dozen brown and bows that I returned to the water are finning me for trickery.

Bill

Hooper
04-27-2009, 11:53 AM
took the wife and kids out on the bay, went way up a river and tried from some schoolies. no fish but beautiful day, warm and sunny and the boat seems to be running great. Heres to the begginning of the 2009 season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Real fishing begins next weekend

Way to go Jimmy, I am waiting for the truck to come, I am due to launch at 1:30 today. :heybaby:

I saw a half dozen boats on Nantucket Sound yesterday morning and another dozen of so in the Bass River, wish I had been one of them :hee:

Raider Ronnie
04-27-2009, 08:12 PM
The big hauling truck was at my house @ 12:00 noon sat, I was launched @ Green Harbor and fueled up by 2:30,, Leo, Max and I took a sloppy run out to the bank for some exploring and shake down run.
Sun did 1st charter for the year :D

Hooper
04-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Sun did 1st charter for the year :D

Cod charter Ron? Anything to report?

piemma
04-28-2009, 04:24 PM
Jimmy, I splashed yesterday.
See you this weekend

Raider Ronnie
04-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Cod charter Ron? Anything to report?

Good size and quantity of haddock mostly with pretty much novice clients aboard .
Left my camera on the boat.
I'll be loading some pics on my website late this coming weekend.

keeperreaper
04-29-2009, 05:26 AM
Gordon,

The area out east where you and I talked last year is holding nice sized cod.

keeperreaper
04-29-2009, 05:32 AM
Gordon,

Hooper
04-29-2009, 07:58 PM
Gordon,

Oh yeah? Have you been out there or are you hearing from your network? Work has me going n#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&' futs these last few weeks, I need boat time :crying:

I'd love to hit some cod one of these heat wave days, are you doing weekends in Chatham yet?

keeperreaper
04-30-2009, 04:38 AM
I was there 2 weeks ago. I'll be there here on out. Give me a call. Boat is up and running.