View Full Version : Simms G3/G4 with Muck boot..anyone try one?

Mr. Sandman
04-29-2009, 02:50 PM
Simms custom shop will put a sturdy muck boot on a pair of G3/G4 waders. I need both types of waders (stocking and boot foot). Has anyone tried one of these custom waders with the muck boot? If so how do you like them. Thanks

Pete_G
04-29-2009, 03:05 PM
Haven't tried the G3 or G4 but I do have the lighter L2 wader with the Muck Boot.

Love the support of the boot.

Mr. Sandman
04-29-2009, 03:28 PM
How does this work? Do you have to deal direct with simms or can you order it thru you guys?

Pete_G
04-29-2009, 04:44 PM
You can order them through any Simms dealer. (Hopefully the SWE.) :)

numbskull
04-29-2009, 04:57 PM
I have some, although they are on the model below the G3 (Rivershed I think). Wish I'd gotten the G3 instead, but the Muck boots are great. Very comfortable, good support, and insulated well. I can't imagine you can find a better attached wader boot. The weight doesn't seem too bad either.

Mr. Sandman
08-22-2009, 08:01 AM
Well, I decided to bite the bullet. I took my measurements and was about to contact my local simms dealer when I did a search and there was a fellow on the west coast exactly my size who bought a pair of G3's with the muck boot to go steelhead fishing and will not be able to use them due to some health issue. He bought them this past spring. Still new in the box with tags never really worn. (he said he tried them on in the house when they arrived for fit) I was leery but contacted him and he was willing to sell them for about half of what they retail for. I took the bait. Well I got them the other day and they are a sweet, these are brand new in perfect condition. I was having a hard coughing up close to 6 bills for custom waders that I know I will destroy in a season but the good Lord must have felt my angst and pointed me to a low cost solution. (It must be my clean livin' :biglaugh: )

numbskull
08-22-2009, 09:10 AM
I was having a hard coughing up close to 6 bills for custom waders that I know I will destroy in a season

I think you will get much more than one season out of those.