View Full Version : Celts

ProfessorM
05-02-2009, 09:18 PM
If they get by this feisty Chicago team do any of you give them any chance against Cleavland or LA or even their would be next opponent if they get there, with out Garnett and Leon. They just look too vulnerable and I can't see them matching up with either of the 2 big boy teams very well. But anything can happen.

Squid kids Dad
05-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Not really..But they have a lot of heart..Who knows??????????????????

Dad 818
05-02-2009, 11:37 PM
I do feel they matchup much better against Orlando then they did the Bulls however.

fishsmith
05-03-2009, 06:14 AM
EDDIE HOUSE!!! What an awesome series, finally the bench woke up, if they keep showing up, we've got a good shot at the whole enchilada. I'm looking forward to Monday's game!!

GO CELTICS!!!!!!!

Slipknot
05-03-2009, 07:31 AM
I'm hopeful but not that confident with Leon and KG out.

Last nights game was good considering how tired both teams were, as usual though but unlike game 6 the referees last night were horrible. Henrich falls down with Pierce 6 feet away and they call a foul on him? wtf I thought Tommy was going to have an anurism right there on the sidelines:lossinit: And how did Perk get a T called when all he did was get hammered and walk away?WTF I hope he contests that one, maybe he dropped an f bomb but gimme a break ref. I hope they don't get that crew again. Eddie House was huge.

I just hope Rondo is feeling better and gets his energy back, they need him.

afterhours
05-03-2009, 07:52 AM
NBA refs are horrific! gordon makes a living by getting peeing distance of someone and falling down...unbelieveable.

Bassinthebay
05-03-2009, 09:28 AM
Unfortunately, I dont think the Celts have a shot against the Magic... as much as I would like to see them win.

1) Perk is the only one who can match up with Dwight... if he gets in foul trouble, we are screwed! Scal and Miki "I was I could foul" Moore wont be able to help us down low.

2) They can stretch the floor with size. Their front line, Howard, Lewis and Turk are all big bodies who can run the pick and roll well. Lewis and Turk are matchup problems for us on the perimeter. I think lewis is going to have a huge series vs us.

3) I know this sounds funny, but my bud plays for Orlando... Anthony Johnson... and in his career, he is 3-0 against the Celtics in the playoffs.(with the Pacers once, and twice with the Nets). Hope we can get by the "AJ" curse this year.

I think the celts will win game one, but fall in six. Marbury needs to become a scorer again if we are going to have a chance.

Oh, and if we could bring back Robert Parish, it wouldnt hurt either.

Van
05-03-2009, 09:44 AM
Yea some of the calls last night were HORRIBLE ....
And come...... the bulls bench is yelling behind House's ear and they call Eddie for taunting......Freakin moron refs......

Honestly, I don't think the celts will get too much further, but they may get past Orlando. (in 7)......(maybe).........

I predict Clevland to win the championship this year.:(:( Hope I'm wrong. If we KG and Powe the bulls seeries would have been over in 4-5, and we would be going to the finals......

The Dad Fisherman
05-03-2009, 10:12 AM
I'm in the Camp that they just don't have enough to get past Orlando......sorry, no KG no title

ProfessorM
05-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Oh, and if we could bring back Robert Parish, it wouldn't hurt either.

Larry Bird isn't walking thru that door

bloocrab
05-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Oh, and if we could bring back Robert Parish, it wouldnt hurt either///.

...I thought Kendrick was a re-incarnated Parish??...:D....if he stays healthy...he definitely has the winning drive. I hope he stays a while.

rwilhelm
05-04-2009, 11:02 AM
I think they will get by Orlando but have no chance against Cleveland. If they had KG I think the Cleveland series would be a toss up.

MarshCappa
05-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Larry Bird isn't walking thru that door

And if they do they are going to old and gray.

One of the classic sound bites ever.

Van
05-05-2009, 07:22 AM
Down by 30 and still only lose by 5...

That shows they can beat this team..
Hopefully they will pull it together for the next game.

Much cleaner game though, good to see.

MarshCappa
05-05-2009, 08:56 AM
I don't know guys? Doesn't look good. If it it goes 7 they might have a chance but how many 7 games series can they handle? They looked like a team with no legs last night.

Dad 818
05-05-2009, 08:57 AM
Too little too late. Like Pierce said postgame, you can't wait to be down 25 to start playing.

I was worried about fatigue going into the game, but they just seemed out of sync. On the plus side Marbury looked better.

afterhours
05-05-2009, 05:38 PM
scal showed signs of life....

Van
05-08-2009, 08:19 PM
They are making a comeback after down 20.
and Perk looks pissed !!!
He and Davis each have 5, don't think we are going to make it.

They still look a bit flat.

KEEP HOUSE IN THERE !!!!!!

ProfessorM
05-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Pierce has been somewhat invisible lately.

JohnR
05-11-2009, 06:53 AM
Refs tried t make Pierce invisible last night. Was it me or did the officiating suck?

Grinder last night...

The Dad Fisherman
05-11-2009, 07:06 AM
Officiating has been piss poor for a lot of the play-off games....

Ask Dallas what they think of the Officiating.......they got majorly screwed Saturday

Van
05-11-2009, 07:39 AM
Officiating has been piss poor for a lot of the play-off games....

Ask Dallas what they think of the Officiating.......they got majorly screwed Saturday

Copy that,,, that no-call on Saturday cost Dallas the game. Amazing !!

I kept saying the refs are doing their best to let Orlando win (just like they did with Chicago). Plus the call on Pierce when Orlando was inbounding. A player sticks his leg out, trips Pierce and they call it on him.

Thank god for BIG BABY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What an ending......:thanks:

Slipknot
05-11-2009, 06:55 PM
Atleast they pulled it off at the end, whew that was close.

Ya the refs sucked again, they missed some calls both ways but most seemed to go Orlando's way. They call way too many ticky tack fouls, and why the hell don't they call travelling when guys clearly travel after dribbling, they sometimes make clearly 3 steps and get away with it :hs:
game 5 will be a great one I'm sure.

JohnR
05-12-2009, 09:42 PM
How many times can they go back to the well ??

Sweet %%$@@@!* finish!

rwilhelm
05-13-2009, 09:47 AM
Marbury saved them, he was awesome in the 4th qtr.

american spirit
05-13-2009, 12:14 PM
i was passing by some people at work and overheard a comment:
"we got to pay baby now, huh?" i thought that was funny. i think some consistency is in order first.