View Full Version : ANY LUCK: THE SEQUEL

Chuckwood
05-03-2009, 10:14 PM
Greetings S-Bers,

As members of Striped-Bass.com, let us all vow, here and now, to greet all anglers -- whether they're dunking bait, surfcasting, boating, with or without a pile of keepers next to them -- with the ubiquitous: "Any luck?"

It'll be like our secret handshake.

See a guy fighting a fish? Ask him: "Any luck?"
See a guy lipping a moby? Ask him: "Amy luck?"
See a guy empty handed, snapping his Lamiglas over his knee? Definitely ask him: "Any luck?"

I take the oath! So, I ask you, any luck?

Don't want to be asked that? Too bad. Get ready to be asked the same thing a few hundred times by a bunch of loopy fishermen.

BigFish
05-03-2009, 10:28 PM
So as far as getting people to enlist......."Any Luck?".:jester:

Count me in as an "Any Lucker"!:tooth:

GonnaCatchABig1
05-03-2009, 11:19 PM
if it's like a secret handshake, there needs to be a proper response. any ideas?

striprman
05-03-2009, 11:20 PM
I will now greet fellow fisherman with the secret question

Amy luck ?:tooth:

Gunpowder
05-03-2009, 11:35 PM
I will now greet fellow fisherman with the secret question

Amy luck ?:tooth:

hahahahha i noticed that too :rotfl: i like that one :buds:

Raven
05-04-2009, 04:55 AM
i hasn't feen a sish all day... :btu: got any beer?

stiff tip
05-04-2009, 06:26 AM
if it's like a secret handshake, there needs to be a proper response. any ideas?

....... i'm up for quick a wink and blow me a kiss :drool:....i know what that means sailor....:buds:

MarshCappa
05-04-2009, 06:27 AM
Fished for an hour yesterday. Had to be at least 1/2 dozen people on foot ask "Any Luck". Two guys in trucks asked the same thing and one stopped with jaw down to the floor when I was pulling one over the rails! I just said "Yea, just a little!"

Raven
05-04-2009, 07:41 AM
you got tired of being asked any Luck? and you grabbed a guy and pulled him over the rail?

see what happens when you don't know the secret answer ! :doh:

MarshCappa
05-04-2009, 09:08 AM
QUOTE=Raven;686193]you got tired of being asked any Luck? and you grabbed a guy and pulled him over the rail?

see what happens when you don't know the secret answer ! :doh:[/QUOTE]

:laugha: I meant when he was asking me "Any Luck" I actually had a fish on and was in the process of pulling the fish over the bridge rail. I think he was a little surprised to see a guy in shorts and rain coat with the wind howling hauling schoolies over the rail so early in the season. "Any Luck?" Yea, a little lucky, I said!

Raven
05-04-2009, 09:31 AM
yeah i know....

based on the original thread.... that was nearly an assault and battery for saying hello - was why i injected that humorous thought

BassDawg
05-04-2009, 02:04 PM
"Amy Luck?"

"Shorely? But you doesn't have to call me AMY! Ohhhh; you can call me A, MY, or AYY MEEEEE, or you can call me Ammmmy ~but most folks just calls me Luck!!!"
:bl: :bl: :bl: :bl:

Jorge
05-04-2009, 02:57 PM

How about:

1) Always

2)Never lucky

3)Naw, just good!

Pete F.
05-04-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm just lucky to be fishing, I don't feel compelled to tell a blow by blow description.