View Full Version : Favorite Movie...?

Striper SniperX
01-17-2003, 01:53 AM
Hey guys, just wondering what Everyone's favorite movie(s) is/are...

My 2 favorites are:

1. Goodfellas
2. Jaws (original)

BUT,,,Of course all our favorite movies have to be one of Fish_Eye's :D :D :D

let's hear what your favorites are (even if NOT mentioned above) :D

thanks for participating,

-Mike

Jimbo
01-17-2003, 09:49 AM
Jaws is definitely up there, lord knows I've worn grooves in the DVD, but I would have to say:
12 O'Clock High with Gregory Peck
The Grapes of Wrath

Duke41
01-17-2003, 10:17 AM
I never could view The Perfect Storm as a movie. To me it was an epitaph, a final tribute to all the fisherman that have gone down in the sea. For hundreds of fisherman have fought the same battle against the elements and have silently lost, their struggle unknown to all except themselves and God. I watched that movie in silent reverence and prayed that I would never be put to that test. Amen

mikecc
01-17-2003, 10:18 AM
Have not seen The Patriot it is coming on TV Feb 2

MountainBreeze
01-17-2003, 01:32 PM
Ok... I'll admit it... I had tears in my eyes when I watched The Perfect Storm!

Of course I heard about the tragedy when it happened. I watched the news, interviews, read the book, ... It was just a terrible thing!

Then... I went to see the movie - after it had been out for a while. I thought they did a good job with it.

But... what really got me was, while waiting to go into the theatre, I heard overheard a conversation. Sometihng to the effect of:

Person 1) Have you seen it yet?
Person 2) Nope.

Person 1) It's good. This is my 3rd time seeing it.
Person 2) Don't tell me how it ends then!

Person 1) Ok.

Not believing what I had just heard… I casually turned to them and said sometihng like, "This is based on a true story. Those men actually lost their lives." To which they replied, "Really?"

Since this is long already, I won't even tell you how I felt when, after the movie, people just got up and walked out, chit-chatting as usual… Like they had just watched Star Wars or something.

Thanks for "listening!"

Regards,
Rob

JohnR
01-17-2003, 02:08 PM
Rob - same thing with HBO's Band of Brothers, just sat and watched in reverence...

Probably my top now even though not a go to the show type film (or series of films)...

Other than that - the old 80s classic, better off dead. Granted not as fun now as then but....

Usual Suspects - only works wonders the first time - Kaiser who :D ?

On Jaws - you say "either of them", there was something like 5 or 6 done all told...

fishsmith
01-17-2003, 02:22 PM
#1 - Pulp Fiction
#2 - A Christmas Story

Striper SniperX
01-17-2003, 03:44 PM
when i said 'Perfect-Storm' as a favorite movie, i don't mean that it was Entertaining; but you got to know the guys,,they all had personalitys (i like bugsy myself :D)

you know after watching this movie, my dad and i decided to drive up to glouchester, mass where the "Andrea-Gail" left out of

went in that town hall, hundreds of names on the wall-- and that green statue of the helmsman at the wheel looking toward the ocean is just haunting.... awsome power of the ocean is not something to toy with.

I don't think they were wrong trying to go thru it, (72' steel boat) but maybe they should of waited, no amount of fish money is worth what happen to them guys...

it was a sad story.....but it is a "Good" movie to watch (not for joy) but to understand that the ocean is bigger then us all, and it don't play around... :(

I have pictures of my dad & i standing at that statue, also stading at the the former dock where the Andrea Gail was docked (not the safest dock) we also went by the "Crow's Nest" there is tons of pictures and rememberance plaques on the walls,, it isn't like in the movie tho, it's accross the street- the boat didn't dock right next to it........ Anyone been there?

------------------
on a much lighter note:
Goodfella's i by far my favorite movie; there is some graphic parts i shouldn't see at my age ;) but it's a great movie.

P.S. the patriot is another favorite of mine, My 3rd favorite

again, it's sort of based on true stories (Revolutionary war) and is hard to imagine those people really went thru all of that stuff,, but THIS MOVIE is a definet MUST WATCH! Mel Gibson is good in these kinds of Movies....

If you all liked "BraveHeart" you'll LOVE the patriot

Anyone seen it yet? been out for at least a year now...

-Mike

schoolie monster
01-17-2003, 04:22 PM
Very tough to pick a favorite, but my definition of a favorite is a movie you can watch over and over and never get sick of.

In no particular order:

Jaws
Hunt for Red October
The Bounty (Anthony Hopkins as Cpt. Bligh/Mel Gibson as Fletcher Christian)
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Star Wars

Close seconds:

Predator
The Road Warrior
Goodfellas
Full Metal Jacket
Rest of Star Wars trilogy
Planet of the Apes (original)
Aliens

My favorite bad movie... by that I mean 'not good'

Above the Law... yah, Seagal is a jack@$$, but I like martial arts flicks and thats my favorite

Movies like the Patriot, Braveheart, Saving Private Ryan, etc. I consider great movies, but are very disturbing and I can't pop 'em in anytime. Platoon is another one, I have watched that about 100 times, but its not like a "feel good" movie.

Scotch Bonnet
01-17-2003, 04:30 PM
1) Resevior Dogs
2) Pulp Fiction
3) Fight Club
4) Usual Suspects
5) Snatch

Slipknot
01-17-2003, 04:32 PM
The good,the bad and the ugly

Dirty Harry

milo
01-17-2003, 06:14 PM
you know slip thats the only ones I can watch over and over and not get sick of em ,oh yeah X-MAS strory also

Bill L
01-17-2003, 07:47 PM
Some of my favorites..,

The Matix :cool:
Saving Private Ryan :eek:
Something About Mary :laughs:

BEETLE
01-17-2003, 07:59 PM
Some of mine:
The Untouchables
Apocolypse Now
Search for red October
The Search for Private Ryan

Looks like I'll have to rent Perfect Storm and check it out :btu:

Beetle :jester:

Striper SniperX
01-17-2003, 08:39 PM
hey

found them pictures of glouchester, Mass... even a pic of the dock it was at (erie to look at tho) i will try an scan 'em soon

Just bought/watched the Perfect Storm DVD (i had the VHS but got a DVD player now, want a free copy on VHS?? :D)
(it has a great behind the sceens and tells the REAL story, shows how it was made etc)

My Video store (hollywood video) has a great 2 for $20 sale on previously viewed (but NOT scratched) new & old title DVD's so i also picked up a Jaws DVD (great behind the sceens/never before seen footage)

also rented a Fishing Game, (it's called "Bass Strike" it's a freshwater fishing game, but you can target hybrid STRIPED-BASS :D that's all i go after.... caught a 22# an hour ago :)
Excellent grapichs, PlayStation 2.... Anyone here play "Grand theft auto: Vice City" ?? lol, it's a great game, BUT violent :eek5:

anyways, Goodfellas is a great movie---my favorite,

Jaws (the original) was the ONLY good one, the rust of them were stupid, Jaws 2 was O.K. but still never matched up to Jaws "1" ........anyone else feel this way?? :)

-mike

hooked
01-17-2003, 09:29 PM
Any of the old Bond movies

Any of the Godfathers

Any Dirty Harry movie (actually, almost all Clint Eastwood's)

The Terminator

Any of the Die Hards

These are all the ones I'll watch over and over and my wife just rolls her eyes.

Yuletide
01-17-2003, 09:50 PM
What...

No CaddyShack!.....
No Animal House!.......

Other End of the Spectrum.....
The Dirty Dozen...
The Great Escape.....
Dr. Strange Love....
BraveHeart (If your mentioning Mel)

And as with any Original
Jaws..."I Think We Need A Bigger Boat!!!"

gilligan
01-18-2003, 12:18 AM
killing zoe. another tarentino movie

Striper SniperX
01-18-2003, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Yuletide
And as with any Original
Jaws..."I Think We Need A Bigger Boat!!!"

:D glad to see i'm not the only crazed jaws fan...you should check out JawsMovie.com it has a forum with almost just as many people here at S-B and all they do is sit and talk about Jaws all day....hmmm :eek5: but then again, all we do is talk about fishin all day :D

I'm going to have to correct that, Yuletide:"were gunna need a bigger boat" ;)

Favorite line, that and:

"Smile you son of a B!%^#...... BOOOM"

Favorite Charictor is by far Quint, He has the exact additude of a old salty sea-captain New england fisherman.

Anyone see "Signs" w/ Mel Gibson? (he usually makes a good movie) but this one was kind of goofy, i mean- it was very suspencful and i liked it, but the fact of the aliens just left the next day wasn't enuff, when the alien had his kid and his brother hit him w/ a bat was kinda kewl tho :D

Nice to see everyones favorites....

-Mike

bloocrab
01-21-2003, 01:55 PM
Sorry Jenn...that was unappropriate :( ...

Striper SniperX
01-22-2003, 01:58 AM
Hey,
I seen that post before it was edited.......

Your Baaaaaaaaaaaddd bloocrab!! :D

i did like some of them "upcoming" member's movies though.. :D

Just for that.
I got one for ya:

"A Culinary look at Bluecrabs" Coming to a Crab Net near you.....Award Winning Culinay Artist, Chef. StriperSniperX explains & Shows how to Catch, Kill and Cook Bluecrabs with ease!.... :eek5:
*Note:Only 14 Bluecrabs were hurt in the making of this film*
:eek5:

<lol>

Looks like Goodfellas has the top vote here, i must say i agree :D even though i voted for jaws :D
It's based on a true story so
are any of them dudes still alive??

Robert DeNero, Ray Liotta and Joe Pecsi was the perfect match for that move :D

I like when Tommy (joe pecsi) started telling storys, LOL

Then i like when Henry (ray liotta) smashed that guys head in with the gun, :eek5: :smash: :D :smash: :whackin: :rocketem: :nailem:

Mike

mikecc
01-22-2003, 07:26 AM
I'm waiting for revenge of the coyote staring GOOSE

Jenn
01-22-2003, 12:20 PM
Sorry Jenn...that was unappropriate ...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

NO!!! I thought it was funny.....I was just busting your bloo stones!!! I feel bad now cuz you went and edited that...:( :( :(

Katie
01-23-2003, 07:43 PM
Okay now i know this movie may be a little sappy but its one of my many favorites...

1.A walk to Remember,lol:laughs:
2.Coyote Ugly:)
3.Who framed Roger Rabbit..-One of my Dad's FAVORITE movies also along with me..:-)