View Full Version : Stellwagen w/ Niko

keeperreaper
05-05-2009, 04:15 AM
Left Green Harbor yesterday at 6:00 under overcast skies and 1 foot or less chop and headed to the top of the Bank for some cod. The Steigercraft ran flawlessly and as we arrived at the numbers the machine showed tons of bait and the surface had plenty of whale activity all around. Frist drift yielded 8 or so keepers with every drop producing cod. 7:1 ratio shorts to keepers. Repeated the second drift with similar results and finished off the cod limit on the third drift. 20 keepers all done by 10:30. The fish hit a 50/50 mix teaser/jig combination with no one jig/ teaser out producing the other. Got Strypers small size plastic was used as a teaser and caught very well. Paul and I left and headed to a few other areas to find some haddock and do some prospecting. One haddock caught. The SWC is teaming with bait (herring). Snagging them often but no one under them eating them. Fish were up top in the shallows and were packed with sand eels. Ended up cruising home with favorable conditions and plenty of meat for the cooler.

Paul great time yesterday. You can certainly groundfish. We got to do it again.

Raider Ronnie
05-05-2009, 05:45 AM
Nice report Matt :btu:

fish4striper
05-05-2009, 05:46 AM
Nice job guys!

niko
05-05-2009, 06:03 AM
had a great day matt - thanks. we will definately do it again. when i got home i got busted bigtime. i fished last weekend and on thursday so i thought i would be sneaky and not tell the wife i was fishing yesterday. while we are having supper she say's "you got some color today", and with me being the worlds worst liar i crack a smile and the jig is up. she is the best and doesn't get pissed that i bsed her and just goofs on me for the rest of the night. i proceed to beat myself up over lying about fishing to my gal and i guess she thought that was punishment enough. lessons for today - don't lie, you will get busted. invite me to your poker game - with a poker face like mine you will empty my pockets

keeperreaper
05-05-2009, 06:09 AM
Use that $$$ to buy her flowers ................:btu::bgi:

Raider Ronnie
05-05-2009, 06:11 AM
had a great day matt - thanks. we will definately do it again. when i got home i got busted bigtime. i fished last weekend and on thursday so i thought i would be sneaky and not tell the wife i was fishing yesterday. while we are having supper she say's "you got some color today", and with me being the worlds worst liar i crack a smile and the jig is up. she is the best and doesn't get pissed that i bsed her and just goofs on me for the rest of the night. i proceed to beat myself up over lying about fishing to my gal and i guess she thought that was punishment enough. lessons for today - don't lie, you will get busted. invite me to your poker game - with a poker face like mine you will empty my pockets

Paul,
Mothers day is sunday.
Do what I do, spend some $ now and a few more times over the summer and tell her you will see her in Dec ! :btu:
It also helps having a boat like mine that I can fish from inside the house = no sun !!!
Glad you guys had a good day !

bobber
05-05-2009, 12:12 PM
hows the "worms" so far this year??? I keep hesitating to go fish for cod, because I KNOW the wife won't eat anything with worms....

buckman
05-05-2009, 02:12 PM
I was over having a beer while he cleaned them. Didn't appear to be any. We had a few from some NE corner cod a couple weeks ago.

Bronko
05-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Nice work boys.:happy:

MarshCappa
05-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Nice work!

joe the plumber
05-05-2009, 06:10 PM
hows the "worms" so far this year??? I keep hesitating to go fish for cod, because I KNOW the wife won't eat anything with worms....

I went out last Thursday on the Kayman Too. Caught sooo many cod and haddock.No worms.

Hooper
05-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Matt,

Great trip, great report.

We should grab some guys and head out east if you have some good info, how's you schedule look?

keeperreaper
05-06-2009, 04:05 AM
Im pretty open. Give me a call.

Travis
05-06-2009, 09:29 AM
Matt..did you hear that...no lying to the wife. AND NO HIDING YOUR TRUCK IN SOMEONE ELSES GARAGE TO GO FISHING!

keeperreaper
05-06-2009, 11:10 AM
Matt..did you hear that...no lying to the wife. AND NO HIDING YOUR TRUCK IN SOMEONE ELSES GARAGE TO GO FISHING!

I hear you there. My wife likes when I fish. She can spend more time shopping. As for hiding trucks, it is easier to put behind the white van then put in the garage. :rolleyes:

But I will bite the bullet for the wolfie head for the good of the team..

If you are looking to fill the Jones Brother with fish call Jeff, Steve, or myself and we'll guide you in the right direction kid.:1poke:

Tell Nikki I said "hello".

keeperreaper
05-06-2009, 11:28 AM
NO HIDING YOUR TRUCK IN SOMEONE ELSES GARAGE TO GO FISHING!

That made me laugh out loud Travis. One has to do what one has to do.

keeperreaper
05-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Some pics.

Travis
05-06-2009, 12:04 PM
If you are looking to fill the Jones Brother with fish call Jeff, Steve, or myself and we'll guide you in the right direction kid.:1poke:

Tell Nikki I said "hello".

You guys are a bunch of beauties...thanks for the heads up. I will be sure to call you clowns up for your expertise when I am out on the water:fishslap::hihi:

HotReels talks a big game...but that's about it...and I am learning to just accept you for who you are.:bshake:

buckman
05-06-2009, 12:24 PM
You guys are a bunch of beauties...thanks for the heads up. I will be sure to call you clowns up for your expertise when I am out on the water:fishslap::hihi:

HotReels talks a big game...but that's about it...and I am learning to just accept you for who you are.:bshake:

It's HOTREELS, all capitals, show a little respect there "fin fun"
B's a 7pm. Just tell the wifes your workin late. :scream:

keeperreaper
05-06-2009, 01:01 PM
Open the garage door so I can park the truck in there.

Travis
05-06-2009, 01:11 PM
It's HOTREELS, all capitals, show a little respect there "fin fun"
B's a 7pm. Just tell the wifes your workin late. :scream:

Haha sorry HOTREELS!

I am having the boys over tonigh to watch the game at my house.