View Full Version : New Soft Plastic supplier is GOOD!

thill
01-17-2003, 06:41 AM
I've been buying my soft plastic from Lurecraft.com and it has been good. But I was referred to a new source recently, (3G plastics) and I send for samples, since the prices seemed way too low.

I got the samples and I am very impressed!

For those used to Lurecraft plastic, these plastics are pretty identical in firmness.
Their soft, medium and firm, correspond to Lurecraft's "536," "502" and "500" plastics.
The only really noticable difference I can tell between the plastics, is that 3G does not add the grape scent to theirs like Lurecraft does. I just faxed that suggestion to them, so maybe they will start. But you can add your own grape scent from lurecraft or a candle maker supply. I plan to, just to see how it works, and I will post the results when I do.

The awesome thing about 3G is their plastic is literally HALF the cost of Lurecraft, ($44 vs. $85 for a 5-gallon bucket) with the same or better quality. This is definitely the place to buy plastic!

Call Robert at 1-800-248-2894, and tell him Tony passed the number to you. Please be patient, because I don't believe they do many consumer-direct sales. They primarily sell to big injection lure makers.

To be clear, I do not have any affiliation with this company, nor do I benefit in any way from this. I got the contact information from an inside source, and after talking to Robert, they are willing to try selling direct to consumers.

This is a true industrial source for soft plastic, so please be nice to these people, so we can all benefit from the huge price savings. My hope is that enough of us will buy from them that they feel it is worth continuing to sell direct.

It seems like only a very few of us make our own lures but it is surprisingly easy, and they work as well or better than store bought.

Hope this helps, and that I have not broken any kind of rules. If so, please let me know.

TH