View Full Version : 1st Cape Trip

Moses
05-10-2009, 05:55 AM
So, wanted to get together with my cousin and work some rivers & bays down the Cape. We decided we'd take the old whaler and do an afternoon into evening trip saturday (yesterday). Main purpose was to start collecting bait since we heard it was in. But of course once you find bait, you've got to at least try and see if there are any takers.

Fished 2-8pm, collected lots of fresh bait, some schoolies casting some rubber and 1 keeper for my cousin on a live pogie from a place that always produces for him but never for me. Well, it was just nice to watch on light gear. Fish was very healthy and strong and tasted great last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se_kpqr1AVg

Rob Rockcrawler
05-10-2009, 06:03 AM
Looks like a good day.

Moses
05-10-2009, 06:06 AM
And its always amazing re the weather. Left Bridgewater with partially sunny skies and the ride down was great until I hit exit 6. At which point I hit a wall of fog and rain. As you can tell from video, very foggy early afternoon then wind picked up later.

HESH2
05-10-2009, 07:50 AM
great video was good to see breaking fish-nice job.

maddmatt
05-11-2009, 11:31 AM
So, wanted to get together with my cousin and work some rivers & bays down the Cape. We decided we'd take the old whaler and do an afternoon into evening trip saturday (yesterday). Main purpose was to start collecting bait since we heard it was in. But of course once you find bait, you've got to at least try and see if there are any takers.

Fished 2-8pm, collected lots of fresh bait, some schoolies casting some rubber and 1 keeper for my cousin on a live pogie from a place that always produces for him but never for me. Well, it was just nice to watch on light gear. Fish was very healthy and strong and tasted great last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se_kpqr1AVg

the ice works better if its touching the fish!!!

nice job!

the first one of the year always tastes the best

MarshCappa
05-11-2009, 11:40 AM
the ice works better if its touching the fish!!!

nice job!

the first one of the year always tastes the best

Yea but the photo looks worse!:hf1: I bet they moved the ice for the pic.:hf1:

Moses
05-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Yea but the photo looks worse!:hf1: I bet they moved the ice for the pic.:hf1:

You are correct, unobstructed makes for better picture.....

MarshCappa
05-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Yea Mike those conditions look sweet! I can't wait to snag a few pogie and have at those keepers! Soon they'll be in my neck of the woods. I have the 1st week of June off and plan to do nothing but fish and help my friend out on his oyster farm. I plan on spending as much time as possible on the water. Hopefully mother nature will cooperate!