View Full Version : dont trust no one ..............................

vanstaal
05-13-2009, 02:42 PM
wtf bought a used car off a guy I know I know should of had it checked out but..................
we shook hands and he said if anything is wrong call me
well you know where this is going don't you.
the f&*% frame is rotted beyond repair
so the long and short of it he said sue me like wtf went to the State Police and they said that he has done nothing wrong you need to go to civil court that is just not right 1300.00 WTF:af: :cens:

Raven
05-13-2009, 03:20 PM
if it won't pass inspection then he has to take it back

spence
05-13-2009, 03:40 PM
But you have to get it inspected within seven days of the sale!

-spence

BigFish
05-13-2009, 03:52 PM
For $1,300.00.....take the hit, park it on his lawn and set it on fire!!!:alien:

fishaholic18
05-13-2009, 04:00 PM

Check the laws in your state but I do not believe that applies if bought from a private owner, it's even a tough one if a dealer car too..... You should have had it checked out b4 you bought it...YOUR BAD>>BUD

Frame rot would have been pretty easy to spot with open eyes..If of corse you did look under the car b4 u handed over the $$$$...DOH>>>

fishaholic18
05-13-2009, 04:03 PM
For $1,300.00.....take the hit, park it on his lawn and set it on fire!!!:alien:

Thats as smart of a suggestion as a 9oz Hopkins at his head...LOL
sorry Larry..couldn't resist...

spence
05-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Check the laws in your state but I do not believe that applies if bought from a private owner, it's even a tough one if a dealer car too..... You should have had it checked out b4 you bought it...YOUR BAD>>BUD

Frame rot would have been pretty easy to spot with open eyes..If of corse you did look under the car b4 u handed over the $$$$...DOH>>>
From what I understand, even private sales have to be able to pass inspection within 7 days to be considered a legal sale.

If the frame rot would cause it to fail inspection, and you have it done in a week I'd think the legal grounds would be pretty clear cut.

Check the Mass regs for sure.

-spence

Mike P
05-13-2009, 04:07 PM

I'm not so sure the lemon law applies to private sales. Every state has a different lemon law.

fishaholic18
05-13-2009, 04:17 PM
From what I understand, even private sales have to be able to pass inspection within 7 days to be considered a legal sale.

If the frame rot would cause it to fail inspection, and you have it done in a week I'd think the legal grounds would be pretty clear cut.

Check the Mass regs for sure.

-spence

Not in RI...Also not if it has over 100k on it....

FishermanTim
05-13-2009, 05:28 PM

Park it on his chest and claim the brake went.:exp:

Backbeach Jake
05-13-2009, 06:22 PM
The School of Hard Knocks has very steep tuition. I bought a Buick for 2k, it fell apart in my driveway, I bought plates and never got to drive it except for the test drive. 50K miles and I junked it...I've worked in the car biz fo 40 years and didn't see it coming. My bad.

RIROCKHOUND
05-13-2009, 07:07 PM
Woody.
blows dude...
sorry to hear it

afterhours
05-13-2009, 07:51 PM
wow..what a pos!!! hopefully he will get what he deserves :smash:

fishaholic18
05-13-2009, 09:29 PM
The School of Hard Knocks has very steep tuition.
Yup..I've been to that school many times...Sux..Live and learn I guess..and try not to get too pissed off...:humpty:

vanstaal
05-14-2009, 08:55 AM
yes I was dumb :deadhorse: with today's economy the way it is there r just to many ass*&$%@ out there and we as decent people need to watch out for them I'm still quite :realmad:but @ 55 I learned something new.

ok lets fish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fishin:

5/0
05-14-2009, 07:24 PM
Park it on his chest and claim the brake went.:exp:

Yes this seems to be the best response yet:jump1:

freebie
05-19-2009, 07:07 PM
I'm pretty sure that in MA if you pay over 699 even private sale it has to pass safety inspection, emissions is another story

cheferson
05-21-2009, 10:42 AM
That sucks! I bought a clunker one time from my fathers friend . He said that it may over heat , and if it did i could bring it back.Had it for a week and it started overheating. I met him and returned it, he drove it home . On the way back home it overheated, as he pulled into the driveway , the engine lit up. 30 minutes later it was gutted, burned to the ground in his driveway. I returned it just in time...

JohnnyD
05-21-2009, 10:51 AM
Google is an interesting resource.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=massachusetts+lemon+law+private+sale

The first result from Google.