View Full Version : wed 5/13 the good , the bad , and the ugly .

blue oyster
05-14-2009, 08:19 AM
the ugly was the weather , it was suppose to be wind 5-10 , seas 1 foot or less , reality 15 + and the seas 2-3 feet with rolling whitecaps . the bad was i am in the middle of nowhere not another boat in sight , i'm trolling along trying to jig uip some macks and maintain steerage in the snot i glance back and there is a boat 20' astearn , i'm like what the ---- , its the evo cops , they give me the 20 questions , what am i fishing for , do i have any cod , do i know what the limit for stripers are . they did not board . i can appreciate what they do but i shake my head because there are 4 of them on the boat it seems like a waste of resorces considering i can think of a dozen spots where people poach everything they reel in . the good was i caught a 36" striper , the earlest i have caught a keeper north of the cape . she was released to fight another day

PRBuzz
05-14-2009, 08:40 AM
I spent the day on Buzzards Bay from Woods Hole up to Cleveland Ledge then towards the canal. Nice calm morning but then the winds kicked up pretty good there too around noon'ish. Could not find any schools and ended up trolling rigs, had 4 hits 24-26". About a dozen boats doing black bass on Cleveland Ledge and seemed to be pulling up quite a few, not sure whether they were keepers as most looked small.

No sign of the EPO this time as they hit me last Saturday when docking with my 30" keeper. Gave me a real easy safety inspection.

clcharette
05-14-2009, 08:50 AM
The weather turned sour fast yesterday for sure. I was at the NW corner of the bank when the white caps started.

Raven
05-14-2009, 11:43 AM
. i can appreciate what they do but i shake my head because there are 4 of them on the boat it seems like a waste of resources considering i can think of a dozen spots where people poach everything they reel in .

and did you mention those 12 spots to them .....?

blue oyster
05-14-2009, 04:54 PM
and did you mention those 12 spots to them .....?

i did not want to sound like an arse like "do you know who i am" and have to do the whole compliance check