SO what's up for the weekend?

slow eddie
05-15-2009, 07:27 AM
fish, if the water cleans up
auctions. one a day for 5 days.
start the garden. have a brewski

The Dad Fisherman
05-15-2009, 07:38 AM
Taking the kids to see Angels and Demons tonight.

Tomorrow is me and the Wife's Anniversary so we will be going out somewhere for dinner.

Sunday, may wet a line in the morning and then I gotta go with my daughter to Dance.

The Iceman 6
05-15-2009, 07:50 AM
Chill tonight, tomorrow daughter's soccer game then heading into the city with the wife to Keen's Steak House. Try and get out there fishing under the cover of night somewhere in between.

EarnedStripes44
05-15-2009, 08:07 AM
Hopefully get into some fish in the harbor tonight.

johnny ducketts
05-15-2009, 08:24 AM
fishing on Sunday

InTheHole
05-15-2009, 08:31 AM
cod and haddock tomorrow, Sunday lacrosse and painting the house (weather permitting)

BigFish
05-15-2009, 09:28 AM
No fishing this weekend......got a 50th birthday cookout for my brother in law Sunday so Saturday spent getting the yard ship shape! Maybe wire some new victims!:cool:

MarshCappa
05-15-2009, 09:42 AM
Clean up the yard of some left over materials from a new retaining wall project. Fool around with my skiff and get it ready to roll. Maybe fish a little on Sat afternoon or Sun.

vanstaal
05-15-2009, 10:23 AM
good weekend to catch the tide dropping out of the river in the early Am

Rockport24
05-15-2009, 11:23 AM
Yet another surprise 30th party tonight, then some fishing tomorrow AM, then dinner with the fam, then fishing and chillin' on Sunday

Rockfish9
05-15-2009, 11:28 AM
First trip for ground fish in the morning...

Sunday, bass in the morning and get the garden planted in the afternoon....

Backbeach Jake
05-15-2009, 11:43 AM
transplant the heirloom tomatoes that my brother Jim sent me. Mow the lawn, again. FISH!!

HESH2
05-15-2009, 11:52 AM
granddaughters b-day party sat.rearrange tackle blues showed up thurs where i fish.

saltyric
05-15-2009, 11:53 AM
hoping to fill the boat with mackerel tomorrow.......possibly a little live lining!

PRBuzz
05-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Ditto on the macs and live-lining.

Flaptail
05-15-2009, 12:17 PM
My oldest daughter graduates from Boston University this Sunday so the whole weekend revolves around that.

She doesn't know how proud I am of her, she did really well.:kewl:

RIJIMMY
05-15-2009, 12:28 PM
congrats to your daughter flap.
Fishing tomrrow with a friend who is a rookie fisherman, hopfully will put him on to some fish. Tomorrow afternoon, do the cliff walk with the kids and then maybe try from some squid after dinner. Anyone know of a good bbq or steak place in teh newport area? Nothing fancy. Im back on the low carb kick and need some protein.

vineyardblues
05-15-2009, 02:11 PM
Yard work and a few drinks
Painting inside,
Garden I hope , get a jump start

VB

Dad 818
05-15-2009, 02:16 PM
Out for drinks Friday night

Work Saturday morning.

Spend the rest of the weekend with my kids.

ProfessorM
05-15-2009, 02:17 PM
Congrats Steve. That is very nice. Me I'm heading to the Irish waterfront festival in Beantown tomorrow and maybe fishin late Sunday afternoon if weather allows me to be out in a tin boat.

Rocco34520
05-15-2009, 02:33 PM
Tonight Work then probaly hanging out
Tommorow Soccer game in the morning then maybe some fishing
Sunday Soccer game and homework. Hopefully the Celts can win yet another game 7

Cool Beans
05-15-2009, 02:46 PM
Got my lobster license in the mail yesterday, picked up 5 pots this morning, going to try to get them in the water this afternoon. Going fishing with my kids and a buddy from the base early AM on Saturday, hoping we find some fish, then we'll check the pots after fishing.... Hopefully be able to fire up the grill tomorrow afternoon and cook some of what we catch (fingers crossed for lobsters) :uhuh:
Sunday, I have to change the brakes on the wife's car, and do some work around the house.

bassballer
05-15-2009, 03:20 PM
This will be the first weekend I start hitting it hard. Putting away the dink sticks, and shads and breaking out the big guns.

Sgt_Nutz
05-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Taking my daughter and the lab out on B-Bay Saturday.

RIROCKHOUND
05-15-2009, 03:37 PM
[QUOTE=Cool Beans;688587]Got my lobster license in the mail yesterday, picked up 5 pots this morning, going to try to get them in the water this afternoon.

becareful where you place them. Don't drop them on someone's existing trawl, or you will be down to 0 pots by next week. :hidin:

striperman36
05-15-2009, 03:57 PM
splashing the boat sunday, even if it is raining. I need to get out on the water

RIROCKHOUND
05-15-2009, 04:50 PM
What's up for the weekend?
Fish
Work
Yard work :deadhorse:
SO what's up for the weekend?

Wife's Birthday as well;
fish is last on the list I'm afraid.

Raider Ronnie
05-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Filling the boat with cod & haddock.
Time permitting later sunday, celebrate 15th wedding anniversary with my wife flounder fishing !:bl:

Slingah
05-15-2009, 05:37 PM
yard work and splitting some wood from trees we had taken down.....might fish a little...
congrats to you & your daughter Steve....

Cool Beans
05-15-2009, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=Cool Beans;688587]Got my lobster license in the mail yesterday, picked up 5 pots this morning, going to try to get them in the water this afternoon.

becareful where you place them. Don't drop them on someone's existing trawl, or you will be down to 0 pots by next week. :hidin:

Thanks,

Yeah, I watched Lobstermen on tv where that new guy was getting his pots dragged and cut. I put them well away from any others and put all 5 in a basic line, several hundred yards from the nearest pots. And nowhere near a commercial string of pots. I'm hoping it will be ok, and it's also within binoc view of my back yard deck, so I sort of keep an eye on them.

fishaholic18
05-15-2009, 09:50 PM

Exactly why I got out ...infested with a##holes ..I'd leave no man standing if they f'ed with them..You have as much right as the next guy..

Weekend plans......Enjoying the sunshine and lack of a-holes..enjoy..

5/0
05-15-2009, 11:56 PM
:gu:splashing the boat sunday, even if it is raining. I need to get out on the water

Bill I hope you get out there.

Weekend plans hmmmm.To night was well needed,today I only work a 10 hr shift,this week has been tough,I've worked just under 15 hrs OT so tonight's plans was a God send thank's to the Wife,she had planed for some neighbors to come over for beers,app's and music on the back deck:love:

As for Saturday,cut the lawn early & other minor yard stuff then Daughter has a soccer game @ 1030 come home and prep for a "Kicking it ol school"party at a Buddy's house(couple of keg's) I'm going to deep fry a turkey for him but unfortunately we can only stay for a couple of hrs.:smash: cause our Son's has a soccer game @ 1600 hrs. against his rival team that is tied in first place with his team...This is gonna be a great game!
After that come home change & go to our neighbors house for a kids BD Party.:gu:
Sunday Church,come home get the camper ready for next weekend and any last min. stuff like fill propane & check things out then chill on the back deck (weather permitting) and have a fellow S-B er come by with his new Girl for a few brew's & O- and watch the C's kick some Ars!!!!!!

I was hoping to fish this weekend but I guess I waited this long what's one more weekend!

HESH2
05-16-2009, 05:45 AM
flap congrats to you and daughter.been there its a special day.

JohnR
05-16-2009, 07:15 AM
My oldest daughter graduates from Boston University this Sunday so the whole weekend revolves around that.

She doesn't know how proud I am of her, she did really well.:kewl:

Wow, I remember you all worked up getting ready to send her off and now she's wrapping that up - congrats :btu:

Swimmer
05-16-2009, 08:15 AM
Friekin work, aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggg.

Cool Beans
05-16-2009, 10:15 AM
Update on the lobster pots. Everyone told me let them soak 3 or 4 days on first drop, as it takes a while to get the "new" smell off of them. Well, I dropped them yesterday afternoon and pulled them up today at 10:00 and had 3 keepers!!! The 3 pots on the shallower end of the string, so I moved the 2 deeper ones around to the other end. So far so, good...... Looked all over this am for stripers, but saw nothing, there were about 50 boats in the area, none catching and no activity, besides looking for fish..... Maybe tomorrow.....

cheferson
05-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Feeding 100's of URI grads and their families and friends.

striperman36
05-16-2009, 10:28 AM
:gu:

Bill I hope you get out there.

Thanks, tomorrow's forecast ain't looking nicely

Cool Beans
05-16-2009, 10:29 AM

What's the best way to prepare lobsters, Cheferson?
Thanks

Pt.JudeJoe
05-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Well ,the weekend started out great! Went to a jam at the Waterstreet Cafe in Fall River last night and #^&#^&#^&#^&y Betz was playing next door a the Narrows. So I'm on stage playing and in comes #^&#^&#^&#^&y's son ,Duane Betz ,the drummer ,and Keyboard player from his band and now I'm playing Stormy Monday and some other tunes with the #^&#^&#^&#^&y Betz band!:banano:

cheferson
05-16-2009, 10:49 AM
What's the best way to prepare lobsters, Cheferson?
Thanks

Are you looking for how to cook lobster or recipes? I prefer steaming to boiling as i believe you keep more of the flavor, instead of making a flavored stock.

Swimmer
05-16-2009, 10:57 AM
Well ,the weekend started out great! Went to a jam at the Waterstreet Cafe in Fall River last night and #^&#^&#^&#^&y Betz was playing next door a the Narrows. So I'm on stage playing and in comes #^&#^&#^&#^&y's son ,Duane Betz ,the drummer ,and Keyboard player from his band and now I'm playing Stormy Monday and some other tunes with the #^&#^&#^&#^&y Betz band!:banano:

That, for lack of a better word, sounds really neat.

saltyric
05-17-2009, 01:43 PM
hoping to fill the boat with mackerel tomorrow.......possibly a little live lining!

Mission accomplished... Filled a cooler with macks. Also caught a bunch of bass on live macks.......nothing bug, managed one keeper around 31"..... Super fun day on the water......My hit the surf tonight.

saltyric
05-17-2009, 01:45 PM

Nice!......I'm a Rhody grad.