View Full Version : Boat ramp info needed

nightfighter
05-20-2009, 08:08 PM
Looking for boat ramp information in the Fairhaven area. Trailering down for Cuttyhunk trip. Want to leave trailer attached to truck and find the same when I return... Any suggestions?

Swimmer
05-20-2009, 08:24 PM
Mattapoisett Harbor might be just the ticket Ross. Thier is public parking about two tenths of a mile from the ramp. I think only townies can park at the ramp. The old guy I comm fish with never minded paRKING HIS TRUCK AND TRAILER THERE. nEVER A PROBLEM WITH ANYTHING UPON RETURN. fRIEKIN CPA LOCK BUTTON.

Padnaram Harbor, Dartmouth, Mass. much larger parking lot, and the ramp is bigger, but its longer travel time and more difficult to get to after you get off the highway. Closer to New Bedford and potential problems.

If I had to choose I would do Mattapoisett. It is right off of route 6. When we chase the pogies from harbor to harbor when commercial fishing I always thought this place was easiest. Shoot right across to Cutty after leaving the harbor.

PRBuzz
05-21-2009, 05:10 AM
There are 2 ramps which I use in the Fairhaven area. The Fairhaven Town ramp, $10 fee which is located on the land bridge connector to West Island (plug 163 Goulart Memorial Drive into GPS) is the one preferred for heading the Cuttyhunk. The publc ramp is on the right side of the road while there is a marina on the left side. The other is located at the end of Ocean Ave and lauches into Nasketucket Bay. Both have good (safe) parking available to leave truck/trailer hooked.

Both have access even at low tide but they are shallow. The SW wind hitting broadside can make loading the boat back on the trailer a challenge.

leo33
05-21-2009, 06:56 PM
also one on middle st in fairhaven.just got a freshen up this year.