View Full Version : Memorial Day is also for our fallen....

eelskimmer
05-22-2009, 12:30 PM
If you got a flag put it up, if you got a deceased family
member who was a vet, put some flowers on their stone,
if you see an old guy with a vet cap thank him and if you're
a vet yourself take a hearty handshake from me. In these
times we are a band of brothers. I was USN, Cuban Missile
Blockade. Where were you????

fishsmith
05-22-2009, 12:43 PM
Right on eelskimmer, and thank you!!

My flag only comes down in the worst of weather. The old man (Air Force) was airman patroling an air base during the cuban missle crisis, before that his father(ARMY) was in japan during WWII, before that his father(ARMY) was in WWI. Thankfully my 4 years in the Navy were quiet, during Desert Storm we did send missile to Sadam from the Red Sea.

God Bless America and all our armed forces

justplugit
05-22-2009, 08:40 PM
May we all take the time to think about what this holiday means.

A time to reflect on the fallen who died for our freedom, liberties and the American way of life.

A time to thank all those brave men and women that serve or who ever served our country.

A time to be grateful and never take our freedoms for granted.

Freedom is not free.

Katie
05-22-2009, 09:15 PM
at work today, (home depot). I met one of the coolest, most awesome men ever. He was a 91 year old WW2 vet, and he was telling me how he was on the ground at the halocaust and such. It was absolutely amazing to be in his presence. It was like he was still 20 years old!

tynan19
05-22-2009, 09:32 PM
Thank you all for your service. My grandfather was MIA and POW for awhile. He earned a silver star and purple heart. His son, my uncle has a few purple hearts as well. I am always in awe when I look at their medals as I have inherited them.

Nebe
05-22-2009, 10:30 PM
A book just came out called 'faithful warriors' it's got pages of stories from my grandfather in it. I have not brought myself to read it.. Not sure why.
Thanks to all who served
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

MarshCappa
05-22-2009, 11:12 PM
Thank you all current and past service men and women. My dad and uncle were in the Air Force in the Vietnam era. I served in the Army Reserves for 8 years and was activated for Desert Storm. God Bless our Troops! Thank you eelskimmer for this thread.

JLH
05-22-2009, 11:30 PM
Great reminder that it's not just a long weekend... thank you!!

mayday1019
05-23-2009, 12:04 AM
Thank you to all of our fallen heroes and God Bless the troops...

My grandfather was (is) a Marine and served in the Pacific Theater during WW2. My father served with the 1058 in Hingham for 6 years in the 80's. I served with the 772 mp co out of Taunton from 1997-2003 and that included a brief stint in bright sunny Afghanistan.

The 772 has since been recalled and now serving admirably in Iraq.

God Bless the Troops!!

ThrowingTimber
05-23-2009, 05:18 AM
Thank you all for your service.

Nephew is currently serving as a field medic. Candi's nephew is over setting up forward observation posts. Buddy Tony is still there and wont leave until his buddies are all squared away. Candi's grandfather was the only survivor when his bomber got shot down he was POW, MIA in Siberia, broke his back on impact and we're still lucky to have him with us today.

Thank you all for your service and dedication.

HESH2
05-23-2009, 06:36 AM
thanks to all our servicemen and the sacrifices they have made for us.god bless our troops.

JohnR
05-23-2009, 08:36 AM
Thanks you everyone that served and a big sincere thank you to all of those and their loved ones that we honor this weekend, and really should everyday, for their sacrifice for our liberties.

If you got a flag put it up, if you got a deceased family
member who was a vet, put some flowers on their stone,
if you see an old guy with a vet cap thank him and if you're
a vet yourself take a hearty handshake from me. In these
times we are a band of brothers. I was USN, Cuban Missile
Blockade. Where were you????

Johnny, my dad was on the Essex during the blockade, Avionics Tech.

davisd
05-23-2009, 01:34 PM
I would like to say a big thank you to them all for my Freedom!!!

Bobbike
05-23-2009, 04:52 PM
I come from a family of Servicemen, my father- WWII vet. Army
Oldest Brother Bill, Retired USN
Brother Butch, Retired USAF
Me, 5 years US Army
Younger Brother Kenny, Retired USN
Damn I'm old
Thanks to all who have and are serving our great nation.
And may we never forget the Sacrifices, ALL our service men and women are making on a daily basis
GOD BLESS AMERICA

Hooper
05-23-2009, 06:52 PM
US Army 11B light infantry
25th Infantry Division

The patriot's blood is the seed of Freedom's tree. ~Thomas Campbell