View Full Version : Great RodCrafters Show!

Saltheart
01-19-2003, 09:53 PM
I had a great time at the RodCrafters Show! What a great place to learn about rod building. From beginner to expert , there was something there for everyone. I have been doing a lot of surf rods but wanted to also get into fly rods. I had the chance to sit down for about 3 hours with two long time rod builders and just talk the details of fly rod building one on one. Hugh Miller and Cam Clarke essentially gave me private lessons. I don't mean just general rod building (I'v emade lots of rods as you know ) but real specific stuff just on fly rods. It was an incredible experience to attend the show and I would recommend it to anybody.

I got to meet Al Goldberg who has helped me a lot since i started via emails and phone calls. He's a great guy and was all over the place keeping the show going well. I had dinner with Ron Arra ( I have met Ron before down the canal , he's a skin jig customer :) ) and Todd Vivian from Lamiglas. Both nice guys and very informative.

I met a lot of internet people from several sites. Picked up many bargains on supplies and tools and videos , etc.

Great show and a good time!! :)

Striper SniperX
01-19-2003, 11:37 PM
Sounds like fun!

So, did you find a barganed 9' blank with my name on it? :D

-Mike

tlapinski
01-20-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Striper SniperX
So, did you find a barganed 9' blank with my name on it?

should have checked in the classified section this weekend..... MikeCC sold off some sweet sticks... :happy: :happy: :happy:

Saltheart
01-20-2003, 02:16 PM
Only blanks I bought were lamis. The main guy who would have been selling bargain blanks , #^&#^&#^&#^& French . formerly with Clemen's Tackle , brought nothing longer than 8 feet.

SSX , I sent you an email.

Striper SniperX
01-20-2003, 02:21 PM
i seen that, Ted.. (it is ted, isnt it?) :D

i did a google image search on surfcasting an came upon a local site that said "above is surfcaster Ted Lapinski" may have been coincidence?

anyway

But i am not into building my own, i haven't the experiece or the patience/skills... i would rather have one built buy someone i know can do it, i seen previous post on how happy they were when they got Salthearts Rod in, that's what i'm going to do!

Salt, please PM me with any new details- the time is getting closer and closer- i expect to have the money before my birthday. i will send you either direct cash or a money order, what ever you preffer?

I'll send you the whole thing before you even start the rod, just so you don't think i'm kidding around.....i'm serious i want that rod! :)

Mike

Striper SniperX
01-20-2003, 03:03 PM
Saltheart, Mail Call.....

tlapinski
01-20-2003, 03:11 PM
must be a coincidence, it's Toby not Ted.

Striper SniperX
01-20-2003, 03:19 PM
ya know what, i deserve one of these things........ :smash: :smash: the angler name was toby..... is this you? if so, NICE BLUEFISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! almost 19 # that will take your arm off :D

Striper SniperX
01-20-2003, 03:25 PM
oh yeah, this one to............ photos found on the R.I.M.S website