View Full Version : Surface Tension/Bluefish bombs.

Rob Rockcrawler
05-29-2009, 06:54 AM
Ive got a few of em ad never caught a bass with them. Do they actually work for bass? I got em for guests to use for blues, and dont personally have much confidence in em, but on a certain place on the cape thats all people use.

slow eddie
05-29-2009, 07:04 AM
your not alone. made some out of mahogany a few years back. painted them all different colors. many, many blues. no bass. maybe we reel them too fast???

Hooper
05-29-2009, 07:51 AM
Ive got a few of em ad never caught a bass with them. Do they actually work for bass? I got em for guests to use for blues, and dont personally have much confidence in em, but on a certain place on the cape thats all people use.

I use them quite a lot, surface tension that is, in Nantucket Sound in the spring when the squid are around, and the bass seem to like them at that time of year.

The Iceman 6
05-29-2009, 11:32 AM
I've caught bass on them before, all silver I like the best.

Pete F.
05-29-2009, 04:52 PM
I've caught bass on rangers, slow the retrieve down to pencil speed. Don't know as that would work with bluefish bombs

patpatriot
05-29-2009, 05:46 PM
I caught one bass on the bluefish bomb, but i think it was a 1 in a million, 10 yards from the beach i stopped reeling to check out passing babe, schoolie took it when it was under a foot or so. nice surprise but i doubt you can work that lure slow enough on top

MVbluefish
05-29-2009, 06:31 PM
Watched my buddy catch quite a few nice Bass on the Line Stretcher-Surface Tension. He wasn't fishing for 5 minutes when a Bass in the high 20's (lb.'s) blew up on it! That was the first of many, just work em slow and they will come.:cool: