View Full Version : Comments about the RISAA show tonight.

Striper SniperX
01-20-2003, 11:05 PM
I thought the TACKLE SHOW was by far the best line-up i seen in a while. i feel that Bob Sampsons. and Capt. Chagnon's Presentations went on a little to long and i don't think i am the only one who lost intress after 40mins. still alot of great information from both of them.

Met up w/ StriperSwiper (thanks for the ticket :D) Mike, where did you go? i couldn't find you......I wanted to at-least say good-bye and thanks again..

Well, thank you very much- i owe ya one :D StriperSwiper is a man of his word.He seems like a Cool dude, too ! :)

Where was ROB? and DON? and all the rest of yas? didn't see any SB nametages or whatever... did yas make it? who went?

Hey, at least I won something at the raffle finanly!!
One Free Year membership to RISAA...was the second to last prize i belive... i was like..."YO! OVER HERE!!!!!!" i never win anything- maybe i have some luck on my side :D

above all; it was a good show.. got myself some nice sorm wildeye bunkers. and a FREE MEMBERSHIP (woohoo!) :)

let's hear what you all have to say about the show, Did any of yas see us? was expecting at least one person to come over from S-B.com :(

thanks again, striperswiper!
-Mike

01-21-2003, 07:53 AM
I'd have to say that I found last year's show to be much better.

MountainBreeze
01-21-2003, 08:03 AM
Sorry I didn't make it Mike.

Server problems at work. :(

Need sleep! ZZZzzz...

striperswiper
01-21-2003, 10:02 AM
I thought the show was not as good as last year, the Block Island seminar was hard to see, the maps were poor, the speaker didn't have a pointer so you couldn't see where he was talking about, too vague. The west bay show was much better.

Duke41
01-21-2003, 02:24 PM
If you want to learn more about BI striper fishing. Capt Fred Bowman of Highliner Charters give a great talk. I saw him twice last year, he is very specific and knowledgable. I am pretty sure he has a web site.

Bill L
01-21-2003, 07:51 PM
I thought the talks were good, especially the Thames - surprised I didn't see the GS rig in some of those photos. 10 feet of fish? :eek: The BI talk was a little non -specific, but interesting

Saw Salty at his table, nice looking plugs; SSX, saw you down front, was going to catch you on the way out at the end of the show but you went up to the stage..

Saw some familiar looking little wooden swimmers at the Saltwater Edge Table

Best Deal? $1 bucktail jigs (bannana) in white and chartruese at the Breachway B&T table; bought a bunch, but somebody snarfed ALL the 1oz an 2oz jigs in white -- still got a bunch of smalls for the spring -- my old stand bys. Also got a couple of 3oz Marios fluke jigs at 2 for $5

Got NADA in the raffle :af:

BTW, Duke, I think Capt Bowmans the "Bottom Line" (not Highliner)?

Striper SniperX
01-21-2003, 11:00 PM
Matoonoc, sorry,I had to hand my Application to Steve Mederos (President; RISAA) would of liked to meet ya... :(

Capt. Chagnon is a good guy and knows his fish very well (he's a Marine Bioligist & been charter 30+ years, his father/grandfathers also chartered), i happen to know him and may serve as a Mate this summer on 'Sakarak' down in Pt. Judith

But probably not,Since i would have to drive down there everyday--So Ii may just shellfish the whole summer untill i have a bit more driving experience under my belt :D

the East Bay show WAS MUCH BETTER, but the Tackle Show/Raffle here was much better...

The Raffle WASN'T AS BIG but had much better prizes...
$220. St. Croix rod, another $200 boat rod, TONS of other rods/reels and a few plugs and stuff

i had a good time....

mike