View Full Version : Outlook planned for Narr Bay charter trip Sunday?

Jim in CT
06-01-2009, 11:35 AM
OK, so after hearing how good the fishing with live bunker has been in the Bay the last 2 years, I booked a trip with Capt Jim White for this Sunday, June 7. The impression I am getting is that I'm going to be told, "you should have been here last year or the year before".

Does that sound about right? Anything good happening out there? I've never caught a striper on a live bunker (I usualy use shad), and I was really hoping to bag one.

Striperhound
06-01-2009, 12:14 PM
Depends on what your expectations are. Catch a fish on live bunker or slaughter them on bunker like years past. I can tell you one thing Jim is one of the best on the bay and will work hard to accomplish getting you fish. Things change from year to year, day to day. I would look forward to the trip, learn a bunch from one of the best on the water.

Good luck.

Greene
06-01-2009, 12:27 PM
By all accounts things are slow this year in the bay. However, I have no doubt Jim will put you on the fish...but the saying that "you should of been here last year" definitely holds. Fishing is hot one day and cold the next. Who knows how things can shape up in a week. The top water action, which seems reasonably consistent, is what's saving those more difficult days with the bunker.