View Full Version : Hello

Tightloops2
01-22-2003, 08:29 AM
Hello everyone. Been registered as a user for some time have never posted.
Bumped into Saltheart this weekend at the Rodcrafters Seminar. He suggested I try it.
It was great meeting Saltheart and the Seminar was super. I saw there is another class on the board here, I wish I could make them all.
Tightlines
Pete

mrmacey
01-22-2003, 08:38 AM
tight loops lots of good info and pepole here enjoy!!!:happy:

JohnR
01-22-2003, 08:59 AM
Welcome to S-B!

MountainBreeze
01-22-2003, 09:30 AM
Welcome there Pete!

Rob

bloocrab
01-22-2003, 01:14 PM
hi -

Clammer
01-22-2003, 01:25 PM
Welcome Pete ====ENJOY/////////////

Saltheart
01-22-2003, 02:14 PM
Hi Pete. Was my pleasure to meet and spend time talking to you at the Rodcrafters meeting. It was a great seminar wasn't it!

Welcome to S-B.com. There's a nice bunch of people here. You'll fit in well. Hope to hear from you often

BTW , that shortcut to Webster , MA I was looking at on the map ended up saving me 15 minutes out of a 1 hour ride. Can't ask for more than that from a shortcut!! :) Rt 197 reminded me of a ski slope though. Hilly and winding. Tough at night but a nice scenic ride in the morning and going home Sunday afternoon.

Welcome to S-B.com. There's a nice bunch of people here. You'll fit in well. Hope to hear from you often

Tightloops2
01-22-2003, 09:21 PM
Thanks guys for the warm welcome. I'll be around on the boad as much as possible.
Seeing some of Salthearts work this weekend and online will keep me coming back for information.
By the way, did you ever make the spine finder?
If so what did you use for a degreaser?
I was considering lining the ID of the bearing with a rubberiser (dip it)so the rod finish will be protected. What are your thoughts?

Goose
01-22-2003, 09:41 PM
Tight....what's up, what kind of bearings are you useing? I think masking tape will protect the blank and still give it integrity. My local hardware stores stopped selling rubberiser, where you gettin yours?

Saltheart
01-23-2003, 08:38 AM
I'm trying to find a bigger bearing. The surf rods have big diameter butts and so with a normal one like we saw at the show , you have to stick the tip in to spine it cause the butt won't fit. That scares me! However , I did ask Al Goldberg and he said he sticks the tip of fat butted rods in his and it works fine.

I like your idea of doing something to protect the finish on the rod while using the rotary spine finder.

Best way I know to degrease a bearing is to clean in a solvent like acetone in an ultrasonic cleaner. Works great on reel bearings. Maybe I can just find a clean dry bearing in the first place. I've been looking! Not an easy thing to scavenge! :)

Tightloops2
01-23-2003, 02:52 PM
Goose, they are basic one inch ID trailer bearings. Masing tape crossed my mind also, figured the ruberiser might be building a better mouse trap kinda thing. I've been cutting it with some tolluene (very bad stuff) and using it as flexament. Some thing everyone should think twice about before doing , or not doing at all.
There are some at Page's Hardware in Guilford, CT and an even better selection at Goody's in East Haven.
Saltheart, thanks if you find some larger ones I'm sure that would be better. I wasn't sure if the one inch ID was going to cut it until I saw your post .

Katie
01-23-2003, 08:14 PM
Welcome! You shall enjoy! lol:) :laughs: :happy:

Tightloops2
01-23-2003, 08:58 PM
Thanks Katie, everyone seems real nice.:cool: