View Full Version : Chatham surf in Aug...

MountainBreeze
01-22-2003, 10:00 AM
Hey Cape Fans...

I know we spoke about areas to fish Chatham in the past but I'm wondering how you typically fare in the summer -vs- spring / fall.

The wife and I will be up there for a week in Aug, with a full moon on 8/12 ;), and I plan on wetting a line.

Also, since it's salt, should I assume no license is necessary, as in CT?

Thanks,
Rob

HESH2
01-22-2003, 10:42 AM
LAST AUG WAS KIND OF DEAD THERE.PREVIOUS 2 YEARS WAS GREAT.SAND BARS AND BAIT CONTINUALLY CHANGE THERE.LAST AUG WEATHER WAS 90 DEGREES-TERRIBLE TO FISH OR SLEEP.

Saltheart
01-22-2003, 10:57 AM
No License there. If the fishing is bad , don't be afraid to head out the Cape further. Once you are in Chatham , its a pretty easy ride out further. Also see what the action is out at Monamoy at the time you are there. There is a water taxi that will take you out there and pick you up later in the day to bring you back for cheap money.

Anyway , the point is that Chatham is a good point to lauch epeditions to other areas if the fishing in Chatham is slow.

JohnR
01-22-2003, 12:13 PM
I would find a way to deal with Chatham in August. And it's so dang close to the beaches plus Cape Cod Bay, plus Race Point. I'm sure we could try to find something :D

Jenn
01-22-2003, 12:30 PM
oooh.....dont you worry pookers.......we probably be down the cape.....you no like Chatham.......we can fix that!!!!;) ;) ;)

MountainBreeze
01-23-2003, 07:46 AM
Thanks for the replies folks.
Well... I know it's going to be tough but... I'll just have to find a way to deal with being on The Cape for a week. :happy:

Regards,
Rob