View Full Version : Nees some advice on gloves

WESTPORTMAFIA
06-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Looking for a decent pair of neoprenes. I want something that's durable, not fleece lined and not bulky. Any suggestions?

Finatic
06-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Aquaskinz work well for me. Thin and warm, flexable. Can tie only big knots though.:hihi:

bassballer
06-09-2009, 02:29 PM
I use both the aquaskins and a pair by Warmers that you can get at REI. Both work great. Will save your hands from rock rash and your finger from braid.

PaulS
06-09-2009, 02:49 PM
No complaints w/my AS. I used them last night as I got a braid cut this weekend. As was stated, I don't believe anyone can tie small knots with them on though.

tynan19
06-09-2009, 03:09 PM
I have a pair of the Henderson hyperflex that I use for kayaking that work well. http://www.thefind.com/sports/info-hyperstretch-glove. I would try some on check out a surfshop they might have some available.

BasicPatrick
06-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Obviously it is more difficult to tie any knot with any kind of glove on. That being said I am a bit of a knot nazi and having worked on and off charter boats since high school I have a ton of experience. Add in the fact that I wear AS gloves or finger sheild during all my fishing a dI have some thoughts to share.

In order tie ANY knot while wearing gloves all you have to do is increase the perspective when shaping the knot...by that I mean you can shape the knot bigger as if you were teaching a child or novice.

In the end it will cinch down as it is supposed to and you are less likely to make a mistake when the knot is set up in this exaggerated method. Thge only draw back is tha you have some longer tag ends.

The most common mistake people make when tying knots, never mind with gloves on is to shape the knot with too small a perspective and this is where most make mistakes in the knot anyway...tye big and cinch right. Offshore mates learn this or find a new job.

The Dad Fisherman
06-09-2009, 04:53 PM
I like my Aquaskinz as well...no complaints here

WESTPORTMAFIA
06-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Just ordered the AS. Thanks guys

redlite
06-09-2009, 10:17 PM
only women wear gloves...... real men show off their scabby forearms.......:musc:

Rob Rockcrawler
06-10-2009, 03:17 AM
I like the AS, have 2 pairs. The first pair was a large and i thought they were too small so i got the xl, turns out the large were better. I like them tight to get better dexterity. I dont use em for finger protection as much as general hand protection for climbing on rocks and what not.

maddmatt
06-10-2009, 12:03 PM
only women wear gloves...... real men show off their scabby forearms.......:musc:

speakin of scabs.....how you been?

WESTPORTMAFIA
06-10-2009, 12:08 PM
How's the bowling brace?