View Full Version : John, are we in on this tourney?

redcrbbr
06-10-2009, 11:03 AM
we could possibly put a team together even with short notice.

I think an article promoting the spring MS tournament in Rhode Island would be a great front page. Not sure if there are any photo's from tourneys past but I think it is a worthwhile cause. Details

To: RISAA Affiliates and Guests

The Rhode Island Saltwater Anglers Association invites your club’s team to participate in the sixth annual spring Surf Fishing Club Challenge. The Tournament will begin on Friday June 12, 2009 at 6:00 P.M. and end on Sunday June 14, 2009 at 7:00 A.M. with the final weigh-in. Each team enters their three largest striped bass and three largest bluefish to determine the winner. All RI waters are open to fishing. Selected weigh-in stations will be announced.

The registration fee for this weekend, club tournament is $50.00. All checks should be made payable to the “MS Society” and mailed to RISAA-Surfcasters, 6 Arnold Road, Coventry, RI 02816. Please make sure that your club’s name/phone number is with the check.

All proceeds from the tournament will be donated to help fight Multiple Sclerosis. This disabling disease strikes people in the prime of their life with unpredictable consequences. Rhode Island has one of the highest affliction rates, per capita, for MS in the United States.

An Awards Breakfast will be held at the Homestead Restaurant, Rt. 2, Exeter, RI at 8:00 A.M. following the final weigh-in on June 14. The Team Trophy Award and additional prizes for the Largest Striped Bass and the Largest Bluefish will be presented. We plan to have a nice tackle raffle at the breakfast too. The cost of the breakfast is $9.00 per person at the door.

Please send in your registration fee by May 31, 2009 so we can give the restaurant an approximate head count. Any other donations that your club may wish to collect to benefit the MS Society can be brought along and presented at the breakfast.

RISAA Surfcasters will be hosting at Used Tackle Sale at their booth at the New England Saltwater Fishing Show April 3-5 at the RI Convention Center in Providence. All proceeds will be donated to the MS Society at our SFCC Awards Breakfast. If you or your Club would like to donate some marketable used tackle, please bring to the RISAA monthly seminars on February 23 or March 30 at the West Valley Inn, Blossom St., in West Warwick. Seminars begin at 7:00 p.m. Anyone not a RISAA member will be admitted for free if they bring a used tackle donation with them. You can also contact Bob Jordan, fishirmin@verizon.net, to arrange a pick-up.

More information on our tournament, including rules, weigh-in stations, etc. will be sent once details are complete. Please relay this invitation to your fishing club a.s.a.p.

Tight Lines,

Robert Moeller, Chairman
RISAA Surfcasters Committee
401-864-8693 cell,
moeller@risaa.org

JohnR
06-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Hi Bob - I replied to this the last time you asked :wave:

No, we do not fish this tourney as Team S-B. It was decided by RISAA a few years back that we do not qualify to fish this tourney as a team.

I would have fished for someone else had it not fallen on the same weekend as the Cutty trip.

Pete_G
06-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Was it the spring tournament or the fall that you weren't considered a "club" for?

Or both?

cheferson
06-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Its just the spring, sb is in the fall tourney. Kinda retarded if you ask me, wouldnt an extra "team" mean more money raised for the charity?

redcrbbr
06-10-2009, 12:32 PM
John, guess I missed your response on the other thread

Its just the spring, sb is in the fall tourney. Kinda retarded if you ask me, wouldnt an extra "team" mean more money raised for the charity?

must be afraid:scream:

cheferson
06-10-2009, 12:33 PM
Thats what i thought too, but Rissa has fairly large membership too! Regurdless im fishing for gansett!