View Full Version : McCartney At Shea

ProfessorM
06-12-2009, 07:57 AM
Please make the tickets too expensive so I don't get dragged to see him at Shea in July. My wife is a hugh fan and wants to take my 8 year old daughter so I guess I will have to go if she is lucky enough. :bc:

Slingah
06-12-2009, 08:44 AM
you know she's going to pony up no matter the cost:love:

ProfessorM
06-12-2009, 09:02 AM
yes she will. She dragged me last time and I enjoyed it but that was enough. I'm looking forward to Robin Trower.

ProfessorM
06-12-2009, 09:42 AM
Damn, I going. She was successful.:( The things we do for luv. that would be a good title for a song.

Slingah
06-12-2009, 09:53 AM
well...ya can think of this...

Slingah
06-12-2009, 09:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FURAEvQwOK4
:rotf2::jump1::buds:

Mike P
06-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Shea? :confused: Shea is mostly scrap metal. You must mean the new CitiField ;)

ProfessorM
06-12-2009, 03:54 PM
yes Mike the new one. I misspoke as I am so excited, not.

Mike P
06-12-2009, 06:39 PM
The three stadiums that nobody in MLB misses are Shea, the Vet in Philly, and the old "Mistake on the Lake" in Cleveland

ProfessorM
07-20-2009, 10:24 AM
Well here is my assessment. I am not the biggest fan but it is hard not to like a few Beatles, McCartney tunes, and my wife lives for McCartney and the Beatles so I had no choice really. The fact she was bringing my 8 year old into Queens NY made me feel like I had to accompany them too. I saw him in 1990 with the urging of my wife and I came away very impressed. This time was no different. He has such a great band and his voice was perfect IMO. The show lasted 2 plus hours and there was not a bad tune played. It was so well done. He must have played at least 5 different instruments, and an expert on all of them. One of the highlights was when he went into a version of Foxy Lady with him on lead, very good. He told great stories and really knows how to put on a show. He looks so fit and healthy and his sound is timeless. I walked away very impressed, again. If you have tickets to see him a Fenway you are in for a treat. Wife is going again. I am not but to be honest I would go see him again in a heart beat. My 8 year old daughter had the time of her life and the Mets new stadium is beautiful.

The Dad Fisherman
07-20-2009, 10:53 AM
Shea? :confused: Shea is mostly scrap metal. You must mean the new CitiField ;)

You can add Yank-mee Stadium to that list........I sure as hell won't miss it.

Three Rivers Stadium and RFK Stadium were dumps too......