View Full Version : Codfishing at its finest

FishNH
06-13-2009, 07:35 PM
I went with Capt Cory Gauron who runs a six pack boat out of Hampton,NH. He is affilated with algaurons boats
5 guys fishing we had over 100 codfish from 7 to 35 lbs in just 3 hours fishing. All jigging and you hardly had to jig the fish were inhaling the jigs before they got to the botom.
We only kept a limit and released over 50 fish up to and included 2 fish that were easy 35# and alot in the 20's

Then we went and caught about 50 flounder (only kept our limit)to finish out the day
This boat and Capt is one of the best I have ever fished with.
pics to come soon as I am waiting for the pics from my friend

Scuttlebutt
06-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Yup...same here. Best codfishing I've had... EVER! East side of NWC. Every drop for over four hours. Some big boys! Nice clean fish. Not one dog! All on jigs. What an awesome day! Weather was fantastic...many pods of BFT around...did the run and gun thing for a while but no luck. Thanks Bob!

FishNH
06-13-2009, 09:40 PM
Sounds like an awesome trip too...
we also saw some busting pods of bluefin but we had no gear for it so we stayed with the cod. my arms are killing me now so I had no chance against a tuna :bl:

saw a few dogs chasing our cod up but none caught on the jigs so that was nice

FishNH
06-15-2009, 10:22 AM
awesome codfishing

Striperhound
06-15-2009, 11:11 AM
HEY CAN YOU SEND ME A BAG OF THOSE FILLETS IN THE BACK GROUND. WOW! GREAT TRIP ARMS STILL HURTING?

FishNH
06-15-2009, 01:10 PM
HEY CAN YOU SEND ME A BAG OF THOSE FILLETS IN THE BACK GROUND. WOW! GREAT TRIP ARMS STILL HURTING?
my friends and family scarfed those up faster than the cod were hitting the jigs :spin:
arms hurt for a day but now I am ready again.:hf1:

bigshrimpin
06-19-2009, 02:04 PM
I went with Capt Cory Gauron who runs a six pack boat out of Hampton,NH. He is affilated with algaurons boats
5 guys fishing we had over 100 codfish from 7 to 35 lbs in just 3 hours fishing. All jigging and you hardly had to jig the fish were inhaling the jigs before they got to the botom.
We only kept a limit and released over 50 fish up to and included 2 fish that were easy 35# and alot in the 20's

Then we went and caught about 50 flounder (only kept our limit)to finish out the day
This boat and Capt is one of the best I have ever fished with.
pics to come soon as I am waiting for the pics from my friend

Where did you get the flounder?

JamesJet
06-19-2009, 05:57 PM
Great Catch! That is some serious cod. I went out on the Bunny Clark yesterday for a "Marathon" trip and fishing was good to variably good. I have had better, and I have had worse, but the boat, crew, and equipment are all top notch and Captain Tim worked hard all day to put on on good drifts. Obvious different than a 6 pac boat but its a great time and I feel a head boat for fisherman.

Just quick comment - none of the cod look bled out, were they? At least I didn't notice the telltale cut on those fish. Normally I bleed everything I catch (groundfish, bass, blues, seabass etc) and find it makes a tremendous difference.

FishNH
06-19-2009, 08:07 PM
Great Catch! That is some serious cod. I went out on the Bunny Clark yesterday for a "Marathon" trip and fishing was good to variably good. I have had better, and I have had worse, but the boat, crew, and equipment are all top notch and Captain Tim worked hard all day to put on on good drifts. Obvious different than a 6 pac boat but its a great time and I feel a head boat for fisherman.

Just quick comment - none of the cod look bled out, were they? At least I didn't notice the telltale cut on those fish. Normally I bleed everything I catch (groundfish, bass, blues, seabass etc) and find it makes a tremendous difference.

Tim Tower runs an excellent operation and I think he is one of the best out there.
Yes all the fish were bled out not by cutting the throat but by cutting the gills it works just as good and makes filleting easier

FishNH
06-19-2009, 08:08 PM
Where did you get the flounder?

about 30 to 40 feet of water along the beach. sorry can't tell you where exactly

jimmy z
06-20-2009, 03:42 AM
Nice Dave. I remember years ago getting Cod like that. It's good to see the numbers. I'll bet ya had a BLAST!:kewl:

FishNH
06-20-2009, 06:57 AM
Nice Dave. I remember years ago getting Cod like that. It's good to see the numbers. I'll bet ya had a BLAST!:kewl:

Hi Jimmy, I sure did!!!!!!!