View Full Version : Report from Maine.

JoeBass
06-15-2009, 09:38 AM
It's hard to report after reading the posts and seeing the pics of giant fish from some of the other posts on here. No huge fish to report but we did have a blast. Me, my 16 yr old son and my buddy spent Saturday on his boat in southern Maine. We first caught lots of mackerel and pollack for the live well then fished rocky shoreline, wharfs, etc. Landed 10 from about 8 to 14 lbs.. Lost about 5 more including one that was very large. Fished 12 hours straight! Next day ,Sunday, my son and I fly fished a tidal river. It was raining and the water was murked up. Landed 2 about 22" that hit clausers. My son lost one on a sand eel imitation. So much fun. Great to get into them again. Will try to have some pics next time.

Flaptail
06-15-2009, 07:00 PM
It's hard to report after reading the posts and seeing the pics of giant fish from some of the other posts on here. No huge fish to report but we did have a blast. Me, my 16 yr old son and my buddy spent Saturday on his boat in southern Maine. We first caught lots of mackerel and pollack for the live well then fished rocky shoreline, wharfs, etc. Landed 10 from about 8 to 14 lbs.. Lost about 5 more including one that was very large. Fished 12 hours straight! Next day ,Sunday, my son and I fly fished a tidal river. It was raining and the water was murked up. Landed 2 about 22" that hit clausers. My son lost one on a sand eel imitation. So much fun. Great to get into them again. Will try to have some pics next time.

If you enjoyed yourself then that is about all you can ask for, Fish size doesn't matter, enjoying it and having fun is what it is reall all about.

Love to hear more about my second favorite place on earth. And yes, please do post some pics!:cheers:

Slingah
06-15-2009, 07:32 PM
I agree with Flapster about size....some of my favorite fishing for stripers comes in the form of medium size fish in shallow water :bounce:.....a few real bigguns thrown in dont hurt though..

enjoy it all JoeBass...your lucky to have a son to fish with...sounds like you all had a blast

BigFish
06-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Sounds like a perfect day! Where are them pics???:eyes:

MarshCappa
06-15-2009, 09:20 PM
:nopics:

Just kidding! Sounds like an awesome time. I love it up there.