View Full Version : MSBA KIDS Program

livewhya
01-24-2003, 12:33 AM
Hello all,
I'm writing this post for those of you who did not know that we have started a new kids program called the "Striper Swipers" at MSBA. We have already had a few meetings held at the Neighborhood Club in Quincy, with such things as fly tying, how to's and fishing videos. We have a number of trips planned for the kids, such as a harbor cruise trip to the Aquarium, a bus trip and tour of Woods Hole, fishing trip by Bill and Jules Guide Service. We also are getting the kids involved in the herring run clean-up in Weymouth, as well as volunteering at the upcoming MSBA show. To do all of this, it costs money. We are trying to keep it free for the children, and at little or no cost to the club. Shirts have been made for the kids, and they got to pick their own colors. This is a really good program that we have just started, and the last meeting had an attendance of over thirty kids. So, what do we need from you? Donations for the program. We will be having a raffle table for the Striper Swipers at the show. We can use the custom plugs that you guys build, rod, reels, rubber baits or anything worthy of a raffle table. Please no junk. Anyone interested in helping can either send donations to Marty McGovern at the Neighborhood Club of Quincy, 27 Glendale Road, Quincy, MA 02169 or donations can be labeled and brought to the next MSBA monthly meeting, and I'll pick them up there. Thank you very much. Sincerely, Marty McGovern.

JohnR
01-24-2003, 10:15 AM
Marty - glad to hear you're working on the Swipers too.

Let me figure out what the site can donate in the form of tackle and such for your raffle. You and I should also talk about what else can be done...

Keep up the good work! (and donate one of those special plugs :D )

Van
01-24-2003, 03:13 PM
John:

I am also helping with the MSBA jrs. club. We have a great bunch of kids and volunteers.

If it is difficult to coordinate donated items at the MSBA meetings or by mail, I will be at the SB night, so let me know if there is anything you need or have by then, and I'll be glad to help get it worked out.

You site is a great way to spread the word.

Thanks.
V

fishsmith
01-24-2003, 03:17 PM
Put a bin out for this at the sb-night, I'll bring along a some gear to toss in.

JohnR
01-24-2003, 04:05 PM
Good idea - we'll do that too... A basket for the MSBA Striper Swipers.

Got Stripers
01-24-2003, 04:09 PM
Be happy to help out, I'll put some rubba aside and get it to you at the show, maybe at the next regular meeting.