View Full Version : Red Gill Droppers

DZ
06-25-2009, 07:00 AM
I have a shop here in Newport looking to carry/stock some Red Gill droppers. 3 1/2 inch size. (Which, with all the juve sandeels around are hot by the way) Anyone know of a distributer that carries them?
Thanks,
DZ

Joe
06-25-2009, 07:47 AM
You have to get them direct from Red Gill in the UK and you have to pay up front with a credit card and the price fluctuates with the exchange rate. It's not worth it if you don't buy a fairly significant amount. If you only want 50pcs, the shipping will eat up much of the margin.
Sharp manufactures with good stuff don't deal with certain U.S. based fishing tackle distributors because they have a reputation of copying products and having them manufactured by a third party.
contact email below:
Jamie.Pearce@swiftworldwide.co.uk

Crafty Angler
06-25-2009, 10:15 AM
Dennis, like I told ya in the phone message a few weeks back...

5" Senko glued onto a small Pt Jude Wobblehead...:uhuh:

A little different than the Uncle Zeke-style through wired bullet head for the Senko - but the action with the Wobblehead is great, the hooks have been stout enough so far - and Joe's lag time on shipping is fairly short...:hihi:

It's just heavy enough to get some distance with a 120-1L, too

DZ
06-25-2009, 11:52 AM
Thanks Joe, thanks Chuck. I'll let Kevin at Edwards know.

Been awhile since we've had this many sandeels locally.

BTW - I do have an article submitted to The Fisherman mag about Senko use and rigging. Not sure when it will be published.

DZ

Rob Rockcrawler
06-25-2009, 05:47 PM
I contacted them directly via email and got a response within an hour. Did the prices on them go up substantially in the past few years. Thats why i got in touch, i figured i could get a better deal but they are tough and a 4 pack lasts a year.

emgred
06-25-2009, 08:58 PM
Guys - I've been using Needlefish squids as teasers for a number of years. Makes a great sand eel imitation. Comes in many color combos. Works when spearing are around as well. I rig them on 3/0 or 4/0 hooks.
Used on the west coast for salmon.

Here is a picture. Let me know if anyone needs a link to a source.
http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=30185&d=1227380726

Crafty Angler
06-26-2009, 07:59 AM
Does anybody who uses Red Gills load them...:huh:

I rig mine with a 3/0 hook and this spring I tried inserting a small Sluggo weight into the hook cavity to to see if it would help to keep the teaser from acting like an air brake on the cast...

I dunno, I suppose I need to do a side by side in the daytime to see if it really does make any appreciable difference...:smokin:

RIROCKHOUND
06-26-2009, 11:12 AM
Does anybody who uses Red Gills load them...:huh:

I rig mine with a 3/0 hook and this spring I tried inserting a small Sluggo weight into the hook cavity to to see if it would help to keep the teaser from acting like an air brake on the cast...

I dunno, I suppose I need to do a side by side in the daytime to see if it really does make any appreciable difference...:smokin:

Just use a heavier hook...
can be a problem in bubble weed though

Crafty Angler
06-26-2009, 11:26 AM
Just use a heavier hook...
can be a problem in bubble weed though

What are you using Bry?