View Full Version : Neoprene HOT or NOT ???

Striper SniperX
01-24-2003, 12:15 PM
Hi guys- I Got a new pair of Hodgman Neoprene Stocking foot Waders along w/ the wading shoes/gravel guards--all that stuff.

The neo insulation is 3.5mm i guess?

In the summer- lets say: June to August.

When i'm out in the surf wading in these, am i going to be aggonizingly un-safely hot in them?

would i be better off w/ breathables??? If i can keep these i would like to, I lost the recipet to Sports Authority and they prob wont take them back w/o it.......

In the mid summer i will probably be wadin' in shorts anyways...BUT--- when wading dirty water, or rocks and stuff- will i be tooooooo hot in these?? i see people using them all summer long sometimes-- but i never asked them..........

Keep these or go thru the trouble of trading them back in to S/A for breathables?????

Comments....wanted.
thanks,
Mike

fishsmith
01-24-2003, 12:24 PM
USE THE F***ING SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND STOP ASKING SO MANY F***ING QUESTIONS!!!

YOU ARE KILLING THIS BOARD

Big Vern
01-24-2003, 12:38 PM
Amen Fishsmith.

Striper SniperX
01-24-2003, 01:01 PM
i searched, nothing that says yes or no.

:topic:

A simple yes, no or maybe is all i was lookin' for- Fishsmith. No need to outburst for no reason.

the board IS for questions..have a great day..bye :topic:

Mr. Kav
01-24-2003, 01:14 PM
i agree with fishsmith, give us a break will ya

Striper SniperX
01-24-2003, 01:19 PM
OK,
Another :topic: i didn't do nothing wrong. I don't want to hear who's on who's side or who agree's with who- Simple "YES" OR "NO" to my question is all i am asking. I am not going to write a big reply (like i want to) In repect of JohnR and the fact that my staus isn't what it used to be..and because no one else cares to see it, Myself included..

no more :topic: please.

:) Mike :)

bloocrab
01-24-2003, 01:38 PM
:)MIke:)

...go with the breathables, buy the next biggest size. That way in case you need to dress warmer underneath, you'll still have an inch or two to move in em'.......but I wouldn't worry about being "aggonizingly un-safely hot"... in the ones you have now. Be your OWN judge. Use them this upcoming season, and if ya don't like em'....buy the breathables.... ;)

Does that make any sense to ya??

Striper SniperX
01-24-2003, 01:40 PM
Yep :) (thanks for not tellin' me how i'm ruining the board and all other excusses :D )

that answers my Question--TY bloo

mike

Big Vern
01-24-2003, 01:41 PM
Maybe if you get rid of the highly annoying avatar that shows up in virtually every thread on this sight, tone down the smilies, don't get all agro when people don't answer the onslaught of questions you continually ask, keep your post length reasonable, and ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING WORTHWHILE TO THIS SITE, people will honor your questions. Until then, you're pretty much a nuisance in my humble opinion.

Striper SniperX
01-24-2003, 01:47 PM
Am i missing something here?? did i just say.... :topic: ?

your talking with old/false information "Don" as you notice my post have been SHORTER then average...I don't need you to comment on my every move- you & maybe a few others seem to bet he only one who thinks so :( and
My Highly Annoying Avatar stays...thank you, i happen to like it and have been commented on it many times :D

WorthWile? i'm only a kid- what do you want from me dude? my worthwhile is what i try to make it be. I don't see you being Hailed by everyone in here either what's that saying? oh yes. "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" Not saying to act like me, just saying your NOT prerfect either :D

Thanks again, BLOOCRAB. i don't need anymore replies here now :topic:

bloocrab
01-24-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Striper SniperX
Am i missing something here?? ....i don't need anymore replies here now :topic:

Mike, if you don't want any more replies.......STOP REPLYING!!:smash:

Thanks again, BLOOCRAB.

:D :D let it go, leave it alone, fUh-gedaboutit,....in the immortal words of Dr. Evil....

ZIP..ZIPPIT ZIP ZIPPIT!!

Krispy
01-24-2003, 01:53 PM
:) :o ;) :cool: :mad: :confused: :happy: :af: :gf: :angel: :behead: :bgi: :bl: :sled: :boots: :bounce: :chased: :claps: :crying: :eek5:

Fishpart
01-24-2003, 01:53 PM
Agree with Bloo. I have Benny's rubber waders and man are they hor, plus it hurts you know where when you walk a ways. I have stockingfoot breathables on my wish list htis year.

JohnR
01-24-2003, 02:04 PM
**** SSX - Just e-mailed you ****

mrmacey
01-24-2003, 02:05 PM
how can you keep a straight face with krispys reply!! ooh!! wee!! too funny krispy!!!

Tattoo
01-24-2003, 02:08 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

WELCOME TO THE FUNNY FARM!!!

Some on please shoot me and put me out of my misery.

bloocrab
01-24-2003, 02:12 PM
Some on please shoot me

make my plugs first!!! :af: :af: mr. attitude!!!!!:smash:

Tattoo
01-24-2003, 02:21 PM
make my plugs first!!! mr. attitude!!!!!

Thia coming from a guy who couldnt even come over and say HI at the east bay show.:( :mad: :af:

bloocrab
01-24-2003, 02:24 PM
I'M SORRY - I'M SORRY - I'M SORRY - I'M SORRY - I'M SORRY -

Tattoo
01-24-2003, 02:33 PM
OK, now when you coming out of your shell?

Striper SniperX
01-24-2003, 02:52 PM
FINAL REPLY TO THIS THREAD

John, what you said in that email made me think, it was a good email, kind of...and you put it very well.

I hope alot of that wasn't true- i hope that was mostly examples Little by little i try- now i have a basic avatar :(. and i guess i'll work on other theings.... what you said made me think and well.........................................i'm going to sit in the corner over there and observe for a little bit, OK.

Mike

JohnR
01-24-2003, 04:21 PM
John, what you said in that email made me think, it was a good email, kind of...and you put it very well.
It was meant to help you understand WHY all this crap goes on, undertand that...

This thread, humerous as it may have been is closed.

Oh - I prefer baggy breathables. They are just as comfortable when cold if you use a few layers of fleece and sweats and they CAN'T be beat when it's hot - especially with stocking foot and felt soled boots :D